Tweed Heads Hotel Accommodation
To see the latest deals and prices click here to enter your travel dates.
Here is a quick summary of the type of hotels and accommodation you will find in Tweed Heads. If you are looking at a longer stay you can book up to 29 nights and you might want to look at the 3 hotels in Tweed Heads which have kitchens so eating in is an option.
If you are looking for something eclectic, smaller or quaint there are 1 boutique hotels in Tweed Heads. 4 ever popular 4 star hotels for business or pleasure, and 3 star hotels providing everything for the budget conscious.
Keeping active is entirely possible at the 1 hotels in Tweed Heads with a gym and the 14 hotels with a pool. 1 of the hotels have both a gym and a pool.
Or if you want to relax in your own room there are 3 hotels with a spa bath in your own room.
If you are visiting Tweed Heads for a business trip you may be interested in the 10 Tweed Heads hotels with conference facilities. 14 Tweed Heads hotels have parking. And getting to and from the airport is made easier by the 2 hotels with an airport shuttle.
The Best Places to Stay in Tweed Heads, NSW
The 101 on Tweed Heads, NSW
Tweed Heads is located on the border between north-eastern New South Wales and south-eastern Queensland. This place has become another one of Australia’s gems on its crown jewel of top vacation destinations because of its summer climate, not so crowded beaches, nature parks, shopping & dining experience and a whole lot more. Surfers, foodies, golfers, beach bums, artists, musicians, families, couples and the like love it here! So, bring yourself, your loved ones and your friends to Tweed Heads to experience its characteristic natural diversity with a dash of laid-back city life.
Where to stay in Tweed Heads?
Choosing one of Tweed Head’s best motels is a definite prerequisite requirement for a good vacation experience. Good thing that Tweed has a lot of options for you to consider when it comes to accommodation. Here are a few of them:
The Best Accommodation in Tweed Heads when on a Budget Blue Pelican Motel
115 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads, New South Wales 2485, Australia
The Blue Pelicanis a motel that’s located right next to a main road – Wharf Street. You might expect, given the location, that the motel is quiet noisy but actually the opposite is true. This makes it an ideal place to stay in if you want peace and quiet while being close to everything – the restaurants, the water, and other attractions. Aside from this, the most notice-worthy quality of this motel is that it offers great value for money.
- ROOMS – The Blue Pelican has 9 room units downstairs and 11 upstairs. You can select from a queen room, a family room, a twin room or a disabled twin room. All of these rooms have FREE WIFI, TV, ironing facilities, a kitchenette with utensils, a microwave, a bar fridge, electric kettle, a toaster and etc. Most guests comment on how well-designed the rooms are – unexpected of a basic motel. Clean, tidy, well laid-out and well maintained, the rooms might just exceed your expectations.
- FACILITIES/PARKING -- Each room is designated one carpark. Usually, for the units on the ground floor, you’ll be able to park right outside of your room, making it convenient for you to carry your luggage in. Even during the peak season, most guests commented on not having a problem parking their cars. In terms of facilities, you’ll find a small yet inviting pool and spa. Beside it are BBQ facilities that guests are welcome to use.
- LOCATION – When staying at the Blue Pelican, you don’t really need to drive to find good places to eat. It’ll be as simple as crossing the street and heading to the Bowl’s club. Other than that, the Centro Shopping Centre is 5mins away while the Coolangatta beach, as well as the restaurants that surround it, is about 10mins. The Blue Pelican is also one of the closest motels to the Tweed Heads hospital.
Las Vegas Motor Inn
123 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads, New South Wales 2485, Australia
The Las Vegas Motor Inn is far from Las Vegas. It’s located on Wharf Street where everything is accessible – great places to eat and only walking distance to most attractions. This makes the motel a good base for when you want to explore Coolongatta and Tweed Heads. Upon arrival, you’ll be getting a “comfort box” offering Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee capsules and milk. After which, you’ll then be greeted by clean, spacious rooms – some with private spas.
- ROOMS – The rooms in this motel have the basic amenities but the most important would be the cleanliness which is at its highest in the Las Vegas Motor Inn. It did not have the “old motel” smell that most have. The rooms are bright, plenty of natural light and very tidy. Inside the fridge, you will find a nice surprise of fresh milk and there’s also ample supply of coffee, tea, sugar and the like. You’ll also find a kitchenette in all of the rooms and a spa in some. Overall, it is very cozy and comfortable to stay in.
- FACILITIES/ LOCATION– The Inn has a solar heated pool and BBQ facilities. Guests are free to use these facilities anytime. You can also just walk around and visit places like the Tweed Heads Bowls Club, the Library, the Civic Centre and the Southern Cross University, the Tweed Heads Public Hospital, Tweed Centro Mall with Coles, Woolworths, Target, and a food court, the Tweed River and park, Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin Bowling.
- Tweed Central Motel
91 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads, New South Wales 2485, Australia
The Tweed Central Motel has the word “central” in it for a reason. It’s practically just 5 minutes away from the airport and 2 mins away from everything else, even the beach. A stay at this motel may not be as luxurious as staying at a 5-star hotel but it does the trick for budget conscious folks that want to explore everything in Tweed Heads.
- ROOMS – All of the rooms in this motel are clean, spacious, well-maintained and recently refurbished to make the guests feel more comfortable when staying here. You’ll have your choice of Queen Room, Queen + Single Room, Family Room, and a Large Family Room. All of these rooms have Air conditioning, a TV, a microwave, a bar fridge, toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery. These rooms don’t really have facilities that will allow you to cook but there are always other choices right outside the motel.
- FACILITIES/ FOOD– Onsite, you will find a saltwater swimming pool that’s central to all of the rooms. It’s a bit small but it’s still pretty inviting. There’s also BBQ facilities plus shared laundry facilities. In terms of parking, your car will be secured in the motel’s off-street parking. They’re just a short distance away from the rooms. On top of these, you’ll be glad to know that big servings for breakfast are coming your way at a reasonable price.
- LOCATION – The motel’s location is central to everything from the shopping centre to the bowling club. The Twin Towns is also nearby! It won’t be difficult for you to find places that can entertain and that serve good food. You can say that the motel makes a nice base for you to explore Tweed Heads.
21 Minjungbal Drive (Old Pacific Highway), Tweed Heads, New South Wales 2486, Australia
The Twin Towns Motel is another motel that’s conveniently close to a Tweed Heads attraction – the river, which is right across the street. It’s approximately 1 kilometer outside of Tweed Heads but the advantage of that would be a cheaper tariff.
- ROOMS – The basic motel room amenities can be expected. This means that the rooms have bathrooms (some with spas), a wardrobe, a TV, a microwave, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and hair dryers in the bathrooms. The rooms are spotless and well maintained. They may not be the best designed rooms but overall, they look pretty nice for motel rooms. They are also 100% non-smoking rooms.
- FACILITIES – The motel has a swimming pool and a toddler pool, BBQ facilities and a courtesy bus to Twin Towns & Club Banora. Parking is off-street and it’s right in front of the rooms for easy access. The WIFI is also pretty reliable.
- LOCATION – You’ll find the Tweed River directly across the motel. Close by, you will find the following: shopping centres, service clubs and safe swimming beaches. The Gold Coast Airport is a mere 10 minutes away and the motel is approximately 30-40 minutes away from theme parks. There are also plenty of take away options and restaurant to choose from.
203 Kennedy Dr, Tweed Heads, New South Wales 2485, Australia
So what’s so special about the Kennedy Drive Motel? They have clean rooms that have all the basic amenities that you would need and the motel is pretty close to the Gold Coast Airport – about only 5 mins away. This is a great place if you just came in from a long flight and want somewhere you can gather your energy in.
- ROOMS – Surprisingly, the rooms in the Kennedy Drive Motel look very modern having been recently refurbished. They’re also clean and they have the basics that you would need – tea or coffee making facilities, TV with Austar, iron and ironing board, ensuite, toaster, microwave, WIFI, a fridge and etc. The motel has several rooms that you can choose from but you’d have to double check the exact size because some of the rooms may be too small.
- FACILITIES/BREAKFAST – Onsite laundry is available as well as breakfast for all units. Within the complex, you’ll be able to see a swimming pool, a BBQ area and a conference room. An added bonus would be the free pre-arranged pick-up and drop-off to Coolangatta Airport. There’s off-street parking available and also a car storage service that you can avail of.
- LOCATION – As mentioned, the motel is pretty close to the airport but the downside is it’s a little far away from the beaches and the town area. There is a large club close by and there’s a free bus that drives you there and to Mangrove Restaurant from the motel. If you’d like to get to the beach and the shopping centres, you would have to take a bus.
Ready to Visit Tweed Heads?
There you have it – the best places to stay when visiting Tweed Heads. Now all you have to bring are your clothes, money and a sense of exploration and adventure and you’re ready to come and visit this lovely nature-filled vacation destination.
Located in Tweed Heads, Tweed Ultima is in the business district and minutes from Centro Tweed and Greenmount Beach. This 4.5-star apartment is within close proximity of Coolangatta Beach and Showcase...more
Offering an outdoor pool and free onsite parking, BIG4 Tweed Billabong Holiday Park is 10 minutes' drive from Coolangatta Beach and Kirra Beach. All accommodation features a fully equipped kitchen.Thi...more
Tweed Ultima Holiday Apartments offers spacious accommodation, just 5 minutes’ drive from Coolangatta Airport. It boasts a large swimming pool and spa pool. Some rooms have ocean views.Less than 200 m...more
Just 10 minutes’ drive from Gold Coast Airport, Pyramid Holiday Park offers family-friendly accommodation. Guests can enjoy daily bird feeding shows, a children’s playground and an outdoor swimming po...more
Located in Tweed Heads, Boyds Bay Houseboat Holidays is on a river and convenient to Centro Tweed and Greenmount Beach. This houseboat is within close proximity of Showcase on the Beach and Coolangatt...more
Located in Tweed Heads, Best Western Kennedy Drive Motel is convenient to Border Park Raceway and Bilinga Beach. This motel is within close proximity of Kirra Beach and Showcase on the Beach.Rooms Mak...more
With a stay at Calico Court Motel in Tweed Heads, you'll be convenient to Centro Tweed and Border Park Raceway. This motel is within close proximity of Showcase on the Beach and Greenmount Beach.Rooms...more
Located in Tweed Heads, Tweed Heads Vegas Motel is convenient to Centro Tweed and Greenmount Beach. This 4-star motel is within close proximity of Showcase on the Beach and Coolangatta Beach.Rooms Mak...more
Overlooking the Tweed River, Arabella Motor Inn offers affordable accommodation with free WiFi. It features an outdoor swimming pool with shaded terrace and barbecue facilities.All of the rooms at Ara...more
Boasting a lovely outdoor swimming pool, free BBQ facilities and free Wi-Fi, City Lights Motel is a 1-minute walk from the Tweed River, perfect for fishing and swimming. Each air-conditioned room incl...more
Just 5 minutes’ drive from Gold Coast Airport, Best Western Kennedy is a recipient of the 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. It offers refurbished accommodation with free WiFi and flat-screen...more
Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty.
Not what you were looking for?
Try a different search here
!Please enter check-in date