Sydney Adventure Holiday Guide
Question. Would you rather put your head in a vice than spend a holiday gazing at your sunburnt navel by the pool and gawking at famous landmarks from the top of a big red tour bus? Then maybe just you’re bold and crazy enough to take on some of the Sydney adventure holiday itinerary after all.
Day 1: There’s no better way to get your Sydney bearings than with a bird’s eye view:
- Float over Camden Valley on a gliding flight, lap up the breathtaking views to the Sydney skyline and the rugged Blue Mountains - or even take the controls from your instructor.
- Holy acrophobia Batman! Walk down a building in Castle Hill face-first with a session of rap-jumping. Just remember Robin, keep both hands on the Bat rope.
- No self respecting adventurer visits Sydney without a clamber to the top of the super-sized coat hanger. A Bridgeclimb is one international tourist trap where the hype just doesn’t do justice to the experience.
- Time to toast your survival with a giddy glass of champers 1000ft in the air - at Sydney Tower Restaurant, the highest revolving one in the southern hemisphere.
Day 2: Few things are more frustrating to adrenaline junkies than Sydney traffic. So today is your chance to unleash that need for speed:
- Hitch a ride in the navigator seat of a V8 race buggy. Tear around the track, leaving go airborne, slide around corners at high speed and leave spectators eating your dust.
- Take the wheel of a V8 race car, (Ford or Holden to appease the tragics) as your navigator/ coach shows you the tricks of the trade. Best of all *sinister giggle* there’s no speed limit.
- If the surf isn’t pumping at Bondi, head up the road for a carveboard skate lesson. Dude, you’ll be amped as you hurtle downhill doing moves that feel like you’re carving up a barrel.
- Grab for a protein and carb boost cooking a steak on the barbie at Phillips Foote in the Rocks - includes spud, bread and salad. And a few ice cold schooners to wash it all down.
Day 3: Ok adventurers, you’ve been very patient. Grab the boardies, bikinis and budgie smugglers, it’s time to hit the H2O:
- Start your day on Bondi Beach with a surf lesson. The boards are like giant esky lids, stable enough to keep the US economy afloat, so you’ll be hanging digits in no time.
- Paddle a kayak from Rose Bay onto the magnificent waters of Sydney Harbour, past pretty coves and salty old yachties, before stopping for a lunch on a secluded beach.
- Strap in and hold tight on a Jet Boat Thrill Ride on Sydney Harbour going into 270-degree spins and sideways slides. Highly recommended – once lunch is safely digested.
- Jump on a ferry and bob over to Manly for a seafood feast at Whitewater. Scallops, oysters and fish and chips with a gourmet twist – right smack on the surf beach in ‘God’s country’.
Recommended Sydney Adventure Hotels:
- The good vibes flow at the Vibe Hotel Sydney, right in the heart of the cosmo-trendian Eastern Suburbs. Take a splash in the outdoor rooftop pool and work out at the gymnasium before strutting your goods around nearby Kings Cross, Oxford Street and Paddington.
- The Radisson Hotel and Suites, blends the best of entertainment and exercise. Enjoy the sunset and fresh air jogging around picturesque Darling Harbour, then buff up at the in-house gym and loosen up in the sauna before a night of adventure on the town.
See the list below for more Sydney Adventure Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz