Sydney Adventure Holiday Guide
Question. Would you rather put your head in a vice than spend a holiday gazing at your sunburnt navel by the pool and gawking at famous landmarks from the top of a big red tour bus? Then maybe just you’re bold and crazy enough to take on some of the Sydney adventure holiday itinerary after all.
Day 1: There’s no better way to get your Sydney bearings than with a bird’s eye view:
- Float over Camden Valley on a gliding flight, lap up the breathtaking views to the Sydney skyline and the rugged Blue Mountains - or even take the controls from your instructor.
- Holy acrophobia Batman! Walk down a building in Castle Hill face-first with a session of rap-jumping. Just remember Robin, keep both hands on the Bat rope.
- No self respecting adventurer visits Sydney without a clamber to the top of the super-sized coat hanger. A Bridgeclimb is one international tourist trap where the hype just doesn’t do justice to the experience.
- Time to toast your survival with a giddy glass of champers 1000ft in the air - at Sydney Tower Restaurant, the highest revolving one in the southern hemisphere.
Day 2: Few things are more frustrating to adrenaline junkies than Sydney traffic. So today is your chance to unleash that need for speed:
- Hitch a ride in the navigator seat of a V8 race buggy. Tear around the track, leaving go airborne, slide around corners at high speed and leave spectators eating your dust.
- Take the wheel of a V8 race car, (Ford or Holden to appease the tragics) as your navigator/ coach shows you the tricks of the trade. Best of all *sinister giggle* there’s no speed limit.
- If the surf isn’t pumping at Bondi, head up the road for a carveboard skate lesson. Dude, you’ll be amped as you hurtle downhill doing moves that feel like you’re carving up a barrel.
- Grab for a protein and carb boost cooking a steak on the barbie at Phillips Foote in the Rocks - includes spud, bread and salad. And a few ice cold schooners to wash it all down.
Day 3: Ok adventurers, you’ve been very patient. Grab the boardies, bikinis and budgie smugglers, it’s time to hit the H2O:
- Start your day on Bondi Beach with a surf lesson. The boards are like giant esky lids, stable enough to keep the US economy afloat, so you’ll be hanging digits in no time.
- Paddle a kayak from Rose Bay onto the magnificent waters of Sydney Harbour, past pretty coves and salty old yachties, before stopping for a lunch on a secluded beach.
- Strap in and hold tight on a Jet Boat Thrill Ride on Sydney Harbour going into 270-degree spins and sideways slides. Highly recommended – once lunch is safely digested.
- Jump on a ferry and bob over to Manly for a seafood feast at Whitewater. Scallops, oysters and fish and chips with a gourmet twist – right smack on the surf beach in ‘God’s country’.
Recommended Sydney Adventure Hotels:
- The good vibes flow at the Vibe Hotel Sydney, right in the heart of the cosmo-trendian Eastern Suburbs. Take a splash in the outdoor rooftop pool and work out at the gymnasium before strutting your goods around nearby Kings Cross, Oxford Street and Paddington.
- The Radisson Hotel and Suites, blends the best of entertainment and exercise. Enjoy the sunset and fresh air jogging around picturesque Darling Harbour, then buff up at the in-house gym and loosen up in the sauna before a night of adventure on the town.
See the list below for more Sydney Adventure Hotels.
Radisson Hotel and Suites is situated in the heart of Sydney CBD (Central Business District), just a 5-minute walk from Darling Harbour and Town Hall train station. Facilities include an indoor swimming...more
Vibe Hotel is located in Sydney CBD (Central Business District), just 5 minutes’ walk from popular shopping and dining options on Oxford Street. It features a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre....more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz