Perth Budget City Guide
Perth may be the city of billionaires, but even the most frugal visitor can holiday like royalty with a little inside knowledge and a pocketful of chump change.
Day 1: Today you laugh at all those people who pay for exorbitantly priced coach tours:
- Who needs a limo when you can have your very own CAT bus driver chauffeuring you around Perth on three different tours of the city, all free.
- At the Malaga Markets you’ll find more than 100 stalls flogging everything from cleanskins wines (with free tastings), fruit and vegies to express haircuts and discount books.
- Take a $2 cruise on a ferry from Barrack St. Jetty to South Perth. Say aboard for the return, or wander back over the Narrows Bridge, or the causeway over Heirisson Island.
- Be a devil and splash out at Hare Krishna's Food for Life where for a cool $6 they’ll fill you up on delicious vegetarian fare and even throw in dessert and a drink.
Day 2: Time to collect your pound of historical and cultural flesh:
- Take a tour around the Art Gallery of Western Australia, sizing up the excellent collection of Aboriginal, local and international art and design.
- See how the pollies spend the people’s money on a tour of Parliament of Western Australia. On sitting days, you can even watch the childish insults fly from the public galleries of the Legislative Assembly.
- Arise Sir Rustalot and gallop to the Millennium Medieval Emporium store - kind of like a museum, except you can actually buy suits of armour, chain mail, axes, helmets and other must have fashion accessories.
- For a quick and thoroughly orientaliscious meal for under $20, head to Taka Japanese Cuisine in the city.
Day 3: It’s your last day in Australia’s sunniest city, grab the sunscreen and hat, we’re off:
- Relax along the Swan River foreshore, walking, cycling, barbequing and picnicking to your heart’s content.
- Take the bus down to sugar sand Cottesloe Beach for a swim, snorkel or surf in the patrolled area. Then have lunch and a beer at a local pub overlooking the water.
- Hire a car and head for the Hills. Visit the Perth Hills National Park Centre where they will point you in the direction of beaten tracks, wine trails and swimming holes – preferably not in that order.
- If you happen to in Perth on a Tuesday you should ‘anderlay, anderlay areeba’ your way to Sante Fe Restaurant in Sabiaco for huge $2 tacos. Or roll up any night between 6-7pm for Happy Hour.
Recommended Perth Budget Hotels:
- Get social at the Billabong Backpackers Resort Perth with a game of beach volleyball on the court or Marco Polo in the pool.
- Facebook your friends and family what an awesome time you’re having on the free wireless internet at the Criterion Hotel Perth—that’s if you’re not too busy shooting pool.
- Save money on transport at the Kings Perth Hotel in the heart of the CBD, just a stroll to the nightlife of Northbridge and the Perth Train Station.
See the list below for more Perth Budget Hotels.
Scarborough Apartments is 350 metres from the beach and the Indian Ocean, and 15 minutes’ drive from Perth CBD. Free parking is included.Scarborough Apartments offers two-bedroom budget apartments.The...more
Just 1 minute’s walk from the beach, Cottesloe Beach Chalets boast an outdoor swimming pool, BBQ facilities and free WiFi. The property offers self-contained accommodation with air conditioning and a...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz