Perth Adventure City Guide
Holidays are about taking a break from your regularly scheduled life. You know, doing something out of the ordinary. For some folks, it’s winding down with a poolside margarita and a good book. For others, it’s about finding ways to awaken the adrenaline beast from its extended slumber. Think of Perth as one big, beautiful adventure junkie alarm clock.
Day 1: Ok soldier, today we wage a war on monotony:
- But first, you’re not going into battle without a decent breakfast and that’s final. So head down to Cafe Mia in Inglewood and order the extreme breakfast fry-up.
- Ride in to the danger zone on a one hour jet fighter experience over Perth – and if you’re not satisfied playing wingman you can always take the controls for a while.
- Payback time finally arrives for family and friends on a session of paintball at Swan Valley. Best of all there’s a maze field and sniper woodland to hide in so they won’t even know it was you.
- After such a barbarous day of action, sink your fangs into a gourmet burger at FAB Burgers Subiaco joint. The meat is juicy, high quality beef without the bucket loads of fat. You can even design your own masterpiece while slurping down a Tim Tam thickshake.
Day 2: Time to shift into top gear and see what the city surrounds have in store:
- Now we are aware that 4WDs were only ever designed to drive between home, school and personal trainer sessions, but would you consider taking a 4WD into the bush? Crazy idea, but you do get driving coaching on different terrains as well.
- If youre into leather and bikinis we’d normally point you to a few other websites, but they go together wonderfully on a 1.5 hour Harley tour from Sorrento along the coast to Scarborough and then through the beauty of the Nature Reserve.
- Back in the CBD, and more appropriately attired, try hotspot Bar One at QV1 for cocktails and range of wines that go delightfully with the wonderful antipasti.
Day 3: Must say, we’re very impressed with your self-control so far. All that gorgeous water about and we haven’t even offered you a dip:
- Take a high speed blitz along the Swan River in a jetboat and experience face altering 270 degree turns and power brake stops—all to the dulcet pumps of rock.
- Head out to Marmion Marine Park for a scuba dive amongst shipwrecks, reefs, ocean waters and amazing aquatic life including the odd bottlenose dolphin, sea lion and migrating humpback whale.
- If you’d rather walk on water than dive beneath it, Bonney’s WA Water Ski Park has 5 man-made lakes with a ski jump, wakeboarding, and four slalom courses to tear down.
- Chilling out after a hard day’s exertions is much easier when there’s a silver lining of delicious food and live entertainment to be devoured. The Charles Hotel regularly hosts music acts and has Sunday sessions in the beer garden to accompany that well-earned steak and bottle of WA vino.
Recommended Perth Adventure Hotels:
- Keep your carbs up at iconic CBD property Miss Maud Swedish Hotel Perth where they serve a lavish smorgasbord and have a wonderful cake and sandwich shop for snack breaks.
- After a day of pushing yourself to the limit, relax in the heated lagoon pool at the Rendezvous Observation City Hotel and enjoy a thirst quencher at one of the four in-house bars.
- You’ll be hard pressed to find a reason to leave the Novotel Swan Valley Vines Resort with their resort vineyard championship golf course and indoor squash courts beckoning.
See the list below for more Perth Adventure Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz