Melbourne Hotel Accommodation
For the fastest way to see the latest hotel and serviced apartment deals in Melbourne enter your travel dates here.
Here is a quick summary of the type of hotels and accommodation you will find in Melbourne. If you are looking at a longer stay you can book up to 29 nights and you might want to look at the 575 hotels in Melbourne which have kitchens so eating in is an option.
There are 49 five star luxury hotels in Melbourne. There are 27 holiday homes, by definition offering unique locations and facilities. If you are looking for something eclectic, smaller or quaint there are 18 boutique hotels in Melbourne. 224 ever popular 4 star hotels for business or pleasure, and 3 star hotels providing everything for the budget conscious.
Keeping active is entirely possible at the 296 hotels in Melbourne with a gym and the 226 hotels with a pool. 85 of the hotels have both a gym and a pool. And 42 have a tennis court. 26 of the Melbourne hotels have private pools.
Pampering, relaxation, massage and spa treatments are available at the 71 hotels with a spa and wellness centres. Or if you want to relax in your own room there are 66 hotels with a spa bath in your own room.
If you are visiting Melbourne for a business trip you may be interested in the 292 Melbourne hotels with conference facilities. 575 Melbourne hotels have parking. And getting to and from the airport is made easier by the 138 hotels with an airport shuttle.
You'll want to return for more in Melbourne
There are several reasons Melbourne has made it to the top of the world’s most liveable cities list for the fourth consecutive year. Great food to tantalise your tastebuds, Australia’s best place for coffee, sport to satisfy every fanatic, endless cultural events and amazing out-of-city escapes. Melbourne has it all and more ensuring you won’t want to leave and when you do, you'll be dreaming of going back.
The most unpredictable thing about Melbourne is its weather
Melbourne’s weather is famously unpredictable with the locals commonly saying you will experience ‘four seasons in one day’. It’s a city you can visit anytime of year, as there is something happening all year round. Generally though, autumn (March to May) and spring (September to November) are considered the ideal times for sightseeing,
Top 5 Things to Do in Melbourne
1. Explore the laneways, designer boutiques and famous street art of Melbourne’s inner city
2. Sit amongst a feisty crowd at the iconic MCG and cheer on an AFL team. Enjoy a gruelling rugby league match at AAMI Park or world class tennis during the Australian Open
3. Feast on some unforgettable cuisine at Melbourne’s best-known restaurants. Stay in the centre of Melbourne or head to Southbank for a riverside establishment
4. Experience incredible panoramic views of the cityscape from the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere, Eureka Sky Deck
5. Jump on a tram to visit Melbourne's neighbourhoods. Experience St Kilda, Melbourne’s beach-side hub; the high-end hood of South Yarra and Toorak; the bohemian streets of Fitzroy; or Melbourne’s little Italy in Carlton
5 of the Most Popular Events in Melbourne
1. Considered ‘the race that stops a nation’, The Melbourne Cup held in November is the world’s premier horse racing carnival. It's all about glitz, glamour, bubbles and cheeky bets
2. Whether you support an AFL team or not, you'll soon get caught up in the excitement as the city celebrates the Grand Final in September
3. Taste your way around The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival as Melbourne’s top chef’s show off their talents at this March event
4. Visit Melbourne in March to immerse yourself in the glamourous world of fashion during the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival
5. Spend an evening with friends sharing a few laughs as world class comedians descend on Melbourne for the International Comedy Festival in March
Whatever the time of year, whatever your interests, Melbourne has it all. It’s considered the most cultured city in Australia buzzing all year round with art, theatre and music events. It’s also Australia’s sporting mecca with the F1 Grand Prix, Australian Open and Boxing Day Test. Most of all, it’s a beautiful city with a laid back vibe ready to show you a good time.
Where to Stay in Melbourne
The magic of Melbourne is just a laneway away and so is the best Melbourne accommodation. Once you know where to go, you'll know where to stay. Will you live it up in St Kilda? Will you love it up on Chapel Street Prahran? Or will you eat it up in Fitzroy, which is the new foodie haven for Melbourne's best restaurants (closely followed by St Kilda and the CBD). Because Melbourne offers a smorgasboard of activities, booking your accommodation *early* is important.
Although Melbourne is arguably Australia's culinary capital, many come for one thing: sport. So why not search for a hotel in East Melbourne; one that's a short stroll from the MCG or Melbourne Park Tennis Arena? Or be within a short drive from Albert Park for the F1 Grand Prix. Kingston Heath Golf Club is home to The Australian Masters in November, so find accommodation that overlooks the golf course. Summer in Melbourne is back-to-back sporting events and being in this sports-mad city, you may like to do as the Romans do and find a hotel with replays of old AFL games!
Located in Melbourne CBD, Sofitel On Collins provides luxurious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows offering panoramic city, bay or park views. It features a fitness centre and massage services.Sofite...more
Just 700 metres from Marvel Stadium, Atlantis Hotel features a heated indoor swimming pool and a well-equipped fitness centre. All air-conditioned rooms offer a 32-inch flat-screen TV.Located in Melbo...more
Situated on a Melbourne rooftop, with access via a secret 'speak easy' entrance, Notel offers guests unique accommodation in chrome airstream trailers. The property features free WiFi and is located i...more
Shadow Play by Peppers features a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and bar in Melbourne. Among the facilities at this property are a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with...more
Set in Melbourne, 1.4 km from Marvel Stadium, IFSuites Melbourne Village offers 5-star accommodation with a fitness centre, private parking, a garden and a terrace. The property is around 2.1 km from...more
Zagame's House has a restaurant, fitness centre, a bar and shared lounge in Melbourne. Among the facilities at this property are a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi throughout...more
Located in the heart of Melbourne, just 200 metres from the Regent Theatre, QT Melbourne features a terrace and views of the city. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant, cafe or bar. The Collins Str...more
Situated in Melbourne and with Melbourne Zoo reachable within 3.4 km, East Brunswick Hotel features express check-in and check-out, non-smoking rooms, a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. This 5-star ho...more
Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty.
Not what you were looking for?
Try a different search here
!Please enter check-in date