Melbourne Hotel Accommodation
To see the latest deals and prices click here to enter your travel dates.
You'll want to return for more in Melbourne
There are several reasons Melbourne has made it to the top of the world’s most liveable cities list for the fourth consecutive year. Great food to tantalise your tastebuds, Australia’s best place for coffee, sport to satisfy every fanatic, endless cultural events and amazing out-of-city escapes. Melbourne has it all and more ensuring you won’t want to leave and when you do, you'll be dreaming of going back.
The most unpredictable thing about Melbourne is its weather
Melbourne’s weather is famously unpredictable with the locals commonly saying you will experience ‘four seasons in one day’. It’s a city you can visit anytime of year, as there is something happening all year round. Generally though, autumn (March to May) and spring (September to November) are considered the ideal times for sightseeing,
Top 5 Things to Do in Melbourne
1. Explore the laneways, designer boutiques and famous street art of Melbourne’s inner city
2. Sit amongst a feisty crowd at the iconic MCG and cheer on an AFL team. Enjoy a gruelling rugby league match at AAMI Park or world class tennis during the Australian Open
3. Feast on some unforgettable cuisine at Melbourne’s best-known restaurants. Stay in the centre of Melbourne or head to Southbank for a riverside establishment
4. Experience incredible panoramic views of the cityscape from the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere, Eureka Sky Deck
5. Jump on a tram to visit Melbourne's neighbourhoods. Experience St Kilda, Melbourne’s beach-side hub; the high-end hood of South Yarra and Toorak; the bohemian streets of Fitzroy; or Melbourne’s little Italy in Carlton
5 of the Most Popular Events in Melbourne
1. Considered ‘the race that stops a nation’, The Melbourne Cup held in November is the world’s premier horse racing carnival. It's all about glitz, glamour, bubbles and cheeky bets
2. Whether you support an AFL team or not, you'll soon get caught up in the excitement as the city celebrates the Grand Final in September
3. Taste your way around The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival as Melbourne’s top chef’s show off their talents at this March event
4. Visit Melbourne in March to immerse yourself in the glamourous world of fashion during the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival
5. Spend an evening with friends sharing a few laughs as world class comedians descend on Melbourne for the International Comedy Festival in March
Whatever the time of year, whatever your interests, Melbourne has it all. It’s considered the most cultured city in Australia buzzing all year round with art, theatre and music events. It’s also Australia’s sporting mecca with the F1 Grand Prix, Australian Open and Boxing Day Test. Most of all, it’s a beautiful city with a laid back vibe ready to show you a good time.
Where to Stay in Melbourne
The magic of Melbourne is just a laneway away and so is the best Melbourne accommodation. Once you know where to go, you'll know where to stay. Will you live it up in St Kilda? Will you love it up on Chapel Street Prahran? Or will you eat it up in Fitzroy, which is the new foodie haven for Melbourne's best restaurants (closely followed by St Kilda and the CBD). Because Melbourne offers a smorgasboard of activities, booking your accommodation *early* is important.
Although Melbourne is arguably Australia's culinary capital, many come for one thing: sport. So why not search for a hotel in East Melbourne; one that's a short stroll from the MCG or Melbourne Park Tennis Arena? Or be within a short drive from Albert Park for the F1 Grand Prix. Kingston Heath Golf Club is home to The Australian Masters in November, so find accommodation that overlooks the golf course. Summer in Melbourne is back-to-back sporting events and being in this sports-mad city, you may like to do as the Romans do and find a hotel with replays of old AFL games!
Situated on the banks of the Yarra River, The Langham Melbourne features an indoor swimming pool with views across the city. The elegant interior includes a grand marble staircase, cascading fountains...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 6280
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, the Melbourne Marriott Hotel features a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre. Guests can also relax at the restaurant, cafe or bar.All rooms are spacious and...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1732
Offering free Wi-Fi, a day spa and a fitness centre, the 5-star Lyall Hotel And Spa is located in fashionable urban South Yarra. It is within walking distance of the restaurants and shops of Toorak Ro...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 357
This 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant, luxurious accommodation and spa facilities, just 1.5 km from Melbourne’s city centre. It is a 4-minute walk from popular shopping precinct Collins...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 3105
Pan Pacific Melbourne offers luxurious and stylish accommodation, with panoramic views of the city, Port Phillip bay or Yarra River. Guests enjoy the finest facilities including a fitness centre, and...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 4011
* Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty. Not what you were looking for? Try your search again
!Please enter check-in date