Melbourne Shopping Holiday Guide
Whatever your taste for shopping, or more importantly your budget, Melbourne has the lot! From specialty shops along historic laneways and city arcades to modern multi-storey shopping malls. Melbourne is a Shopping Heaven!
- As a child it was a huge adventure to head into the city and visit the Myer and David Jones department stores in the Bourke Street Mall. Today there are so many more city shopping options.
- Melbourne Central has more than 300 stores and its own City Loop railway station – Oroton, Country Road, Morrissey, Marcs, RM Willilams.
- QV is the newest laneway precinct mixing high-end fashion and lifestyle retailers aimed at inner city dwellers – Domayne, Aesop, Charlie Brown.
- Even the historic Melbourne General Post Office (now Melbourne’s GPO) has been converted into a serious blend of high level fashion and food – Lisa Ho, Metalicus, Zimmerman, Mimco, Akira.
- The top, or Paris end, of the tree-lined Collins Street is home to high end jewellery and fashion designers – Georg Jensen, Bvlgari, Tiffany & Co, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Gucci.
- There are some beautiful historic buildings like the European styled The Block Arcade. The Royal Arcade is the oldest shopping arcade in Melbourne and dates back to 1869!
- Located on the banks of the Yarra River and at the heart of Melbourne’s Arts Precinct is Southgate. An eclectic mix of art, fashion and homewares shopping mixed with award winning dining and Australia art galleries.
- Stroll along the riverfront promenade to Crown. As well as the 5star hotel and casino, Crown is designer label paradise – Burberry, Versace, Prada, Louis Vuitton and MontBlanc are all here.
- HarbourTown is Melbourne’s newest shopping precinct, located in the heart of Docklands. The first stores opened at the end of October 2008 with a mix of brand direct outlets and specialty stores, dining and entertainment.
If you would like to read more about shopping in Melbourne including Markets, South Yarra and suburban malls, click here to read our full blog post on Melbourne Shopping.
See the list below for some centrally located Melbourne Hotels close to the shopping areas. You can drop off your parcels and keep on shopping!
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz