Melbourne Shopping Holiday Guide
Whatever your taste for shopping, or more importantly your budget, Melbourne has the lot! From specialty shops along historic laneways and city arcades to modern multi-storey shopping malls. Melbourne is a Shopping Heaven!
- As a child it was a huge adventure to head into the city and visit the Myer and David Jones department stores in the Bourke Street Mall. Today there are so many more city shopping options.
- Melbourne Central has more than 300 stores and its own City Loop railway station – Oroton, Country Road, Morrissey, Marcs, RM Willilams.
- QV is the newest laneway precinct mixing high-end fashion and lifestyle retailers aimed at inner city dwellers – Domayne, Aesop, Charlie Brown.
- Even the historic Melbourne General Post Office (now Melbourne’s GPO) has been converted into a serious blend of high level fashion and food – Lisa Ho, Metalicus, Zimmerman, Mimco, Akira.
- The top, or Paris end, of the tree-lined Collins Street is home to high end jewellery and fashion designers – Georg Jensen, Bvlgari, Tiffany & Co, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Gucci.
- There are some beautiful historic buildings like the European styled The Block Arcade. The Royal Arcade is the oldest shopping arcade in Melbourne and dates back to 1869!
- Located on the banks of the Yarra River and at the heart of Melbourne’s Arts Precinct is Southgate. An eclectic mix of art, fashion and homewares shopping mixed with award winning dining and Australia art galleries.
- Stroll along the riverfront promenade to Crown. As well as the 5star hotel and casino, Crown is designer label paradise – Burberry, Versace, Prada, Louis Vuitton and MontBlanc are all here.
- HarbourTown is Melbourne’s newest shopping precinct, located in the heart of Docklands. The first stores opened at the end of October 2008 with a mix of brand direct outlets and specialty stores, dining and entertainment.
If you would like to read more about shopping in Melbourne including Markets, South Yarra and suburban malls, click here to read our full blog post on Melbourne Shopping.
See the list below for some centrally located Melbourne Hotels close to the shopping areas. You can drop off your parcels and keep on shopping!
Mercure Welcome Melbourne is located right on the Bourke Street Mall, in Melbourne's CBD (Central Business District) and within 4 minutes' walk of Emporium Shopping Centre. Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium...more
Punthill Apartment Hotel - Little Bourke offers modern accommodation in Melbourne's Chinatown. All self-contained apartments include high-speed internet access and flat-screen cable TV.Punthill Apartm...more
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms.Eac...more
Enjoy some of the best views in Melbourne CBD, from the heated rooftop swimming pool at Hotel Grand Chancellor Melbourne. Located in the heart of the theatre district, it offers a choice of 2 restaura...more
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, Mantra offers self-contained accommodation with a private balcony and views of the city skyline or Carlton Gardens. It features a swimming pool and sauna.Mantra...more
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, Mantra on Russell offers self-contained accommodation with flat-screen satellite TV. The property features a heated swimming pool, a fitness centre and a hot tub...more
Located on Bourke Street Mall in the vibrant heart of Melbourne CBD, Causeway Inn On The Mall offers comfortable rooms featuring a small refrigerator, an in-room safety deposit box and an LCD TV with...more
Crowne Plaza Melbourne is located on the banks of the Yarra River opposite Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and Crown Casino, just 5 minutes' drive from the central business district. It fea...more
Located in the heart of Melbourne, Mantra City Central offers modern apartments with stylish décor. The property is next door to the iconic shopping destination, The Emporium Melbourne.Mantra City Cen...more
The Sebel Residences Melbourne Docklands is located in Melbourne’s vibrant waterfront district of NewQuay. Situated across 9 different buildings along the NewQuay Promenade, these self-catering apartm...more
Located in Melbourne CBD, Sofitel On Collins provides luxurious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows offering panoramic city, bay or park views. It features a fitness centre and massage services.Sofite...more
Just 300 metres from Melbourne Central Station and Bourke Street Mall, Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne offers accommodation with free Wi-Fi. Guests enjoy a fitness centre, hot tub, sauna and an outdoo...more
Situated on the banks of the Yarra River, The Langham Melbourne features an indoor swimming pool with views across the city. The elegant interior includes a grand marble staircase, cascading fountains...more
Just 600 metres from Southbank Promenade on the Yarra River, Travelodge Southbank offers rooms with en suite bathroom, kitchenette and cable TV. The popular Bourke Street Mall shopping area is 10 minu...more
Established in 1883, this historic hotel combines classic style with modern facilities. Located next door to the Princess Theatre, The Hotel Windsor offers luxury accommodation in the heart of Melbour...more
Quest on Lonsdale offers apartment-style serviced accommodation in the heart of Melbourne CBD, 350 metres from Parliament RailwayStation. These self-contained apartments have individually controlled a...more
Mantra 100 Exhibition is located directly in Melbourne's CBD amongst the fashion precinct of the city. The hotel is 5 minutes' walk from theatres and entertainment areas.Mantra provides large, modern,...more
This 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant, luxurious accommodation and spa facilities, just 1.5 km from Melbourne’s city centre. It is a 4-minute walk from popular shopping precinct Collins...more
This Travelodge is located in Melbourne’s Docklands area, just 200 metres from Marvel Stadium. It offers air-conditioned rooms with en suite bathrooms. Guests receive 100MBs of free WiFi per 24 hours....more
Easily accessible and located within a short walk from Melbourne CBD, Mantra Southbank is situated 1.5 km from major sporting venues including both the MCG and Melbourne Arena. The Crown Casino is 70...more
Fraser Place Melbourne incorporates stylish designer décor with the comforts of home. Each spacious studio apartment includes a kitchenette with state-of-the-art appliances and sleek modern furnishing...more
Quest Southbank offers spacious modern apartments in a quiet location, only 150 metres from the restaurants along Southbank Promenade. Each includes a fully equipped kitchen and a private balcony.Ques...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz