Melbourne Romance Holiday Guide
Melbourne and romance? Hello! Why do you think all those rabbits keep running back for amorous weekends away? There’s just something about the relaxed vibe and sophisticated charm that brings out the smitten in all of us. You can meander through Melbourne’s parks and gardens, enjoy some shopping, a little pampering or a world of adventurous interludes. And for all but the above mentioned regulars, there are even sexier dining experiences than being paw fed a platter of carrots.
Day 1: You’re here for a good time not a long one, so let’s get cupid off his lily white bottom and out on some gastronome romance escapes:
- Pretend to be eloping lovers on the steam train tour to the Yarra Valley wineries. Spend the day wine tasting at a number of vineyards including Domain Chandon for premium sparkling and scrumptious cheese with a view.
- Unlock the sensory delicacies of cooking Japanese food together through touch, smell and taste. Between dishes, sip tea and drinks contemplating all the new games you can now play with a pair of chopsticks.
- Cap off a wicked day of feasting at Chocolateria San Churro in the QV Centre of the CBD. Indulge in the chocolate tapas, truffles and even a little pot of dipping chocolate.
- Lygon Street
Day 2: Loosen up with some pampering, ready to party the night away:
- Visit a day spa for a Luxury Face/Body/Feet Treat in the preposterously pretty suburb of South Melbourne.
- Get in touch with your sensual side learning to massage your partner in a ‘Seduction Room’ with the help of a professional masseuse, candlelight and soft music. Now settle down you mischievous minded creatures, remember this is a G-rated guide.
- Find the perfect LBD and Tux for your night out on a shopping tour of Melbourne, including boutique laneway shops, factory outlets, fashion avenues (Bridge Road, Chapel Street) and major department stores.
- Finish a perfect day at Bluestone Restaurant, set in a secluded heritage listed woolshed in the CBD. Swoon over candlelight on designer cocktails and signature dishes cooked with nurturing care by the executive chef. Check the website for gift certificate special deals.
Day 3: Sorry to drag you lovebirds out of bed so early this morning, but we have things to do and places to roam:
- Float away on a Hot Air Ballooning flight over Melbourne city at dawn for an hour of drifting, followed by a 5-star gourmet champagne breakfast on terra firma.
- Experience Venice - without the pigeons - on a gondola cruise of the Yarra River snuggled up on velvet seats and plush cushions, some soft music and oh yes, more champagne.
- Turn back time with a first crush ride on the Luna Park ‘Jewel in the Crown’, an exquisite early 1900s antique carousel with horses, cherubs and roman chariots – then take a romantic bowlegged stroll along the St Kilda Esplanade.
- Savor the je ne sais quoi of Embrasse, an award winning French restaurant in the city that serves food and a wine list that you’ll find almost as charming as the company.
Recommended Melbourne Romantic Hotels:
- Grand love needs the Grand Hyatt, its gleaming lobbies and exquisite art collection. The hotel often has romance packages, such as the ‘Amour’, which includes chocolates and sparkling wine.
- Go all Anthony and Cleopatra at the Lyall Hotel—soak in a hot bath in the marble bathroom and luxuriate in the hotel’s spa treatment area. And in the Platinum suite, you can even dance and romance to your song on the Bang & Olufsen sound system.
See the list below for more Melbourne Romantic Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz