Melbourne Adventure Holiday Guide
From bushland to bars to beaches, there’s action galore for you adventurous souls biting at the bit to explore Melbourne. Time to securely place your heart in your mouth as you take on three days of adrenaline pumping activities:
Day 1: Kick start your holiday on the edge of town or in the heart of Australian sports folklore:
- Morph from flat water to raging rapids on an all day Canoe and Kayak Day Trip along the Yarra River, including lunch.
- Or if you prefer your action on two wheels, straddle a Suzuki GSXR 600 bike on a racing track – for beginners, intermediates and Casey Stoner clones.
- If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be an elite athlete, get a taste with a Melbourne Sports Tour that includes the MCG, Grand Prix race track and Flemington—home of the Melbourne Cup.
- Play hard and party hard, or shift back into first gear at James Squire Brewhouse down in Docklands. See where baby beers come from in the fully visible working brewery, then enjoy a few cold ones over a meal in the Upper Deck dining area.
Day 2: Time to experience a few un-natural highs:
- Decades before Maverick and Goose snarled at each other across the classroom, Top Guns did their spins and rolls in a Tiger Moth. Now you can too on 30-minute aerobatic flight over the Melbourne city and coastline.
- Make a day at the beach a little more fun and challenging as you tame the Port Phillip Bay wind on a kiteboard along St Kilda Beach.
- Discover the fun, excitement and borderline insanity of abseiling and rock climbing on scenic peaks on the outskirts of Melbourne.
- Back in the big smoke, you’ll be delighted to know that not all American food served in the air tastes like plastic. Café 360 on the 253m high viewing deck of the Rialto Tower breaks the tradition with its cheap and tasty servings.
Day 3: Your mission today, should you choose to accept, is to take on the role of Australia’s top secret agent Bond, Barry Bond:
- Take out villains in a Laser Skirmish session in camouflage gear. Pick your weapon and run between bunkers to outwit and out blast the enemy.
- Learn some Top Gearesk manoeuvres on a stunt driving experience such as 360 degree spins, box parks and ramp-to-ramp jumps in modified stunt cars at Sandown Raceway.
- Scope out the sea with a Discover Scuba Dive at a pier diving site. No experience necessary. Ursula Andress not included.
- Experiment with some shaken and stirred concoctions at the Westin Melbourne’s Martini Bar while devouring gourmet appetizers amongst Melbourne’s sophisticated set.
Recommended Melbourne Adventure Hotels:
Don’t let all your he-man and she-girl effort go to waste—stay at the Medina Grand Melbourne, with its fully equipped fitness centre and heated rooftop pool and “you’ll be back” for another day of exhilarating escapades.
Or relax at the Victoria Hotel in the CBD with a spa and sauna, before chilling out with a cocktail at the in-house bar.
See the list below for more great Melbourne Adventure Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz