Launceston Hotel Accommodation
To see the latest deals and prices click here to enter your travel dates.
The great outdoors right on your door step
Launceston, one of Australia’s oldest cities, is packed full of charm and beauty. Surrounded by mountains and with Cataract Gorge right on its doorstep, the city provides both wilderness, a hub of culture, rich history and delicious local produce.
Launceston is the second largest city of Tasmania. It is known for its wineries in the Tamar Valley, the Cataract Gorge and stunning Victorian buildings. The city is a cultural centre filled with modern cafes, museums, and parks. Because the city is small, it is very easy to explore. Launceston Seaport is known for its waterfront restaurants and cafes. Linked to the Seaport is Inveresk, home of some of the best galleries in Australia. The Queen Victoria Museum here is a must-see as well. Another great place to visit is the Home Point rowing course, another area famous for its restaurants and art galleries. There are several national parks and historical villages in Launceston. One of the most famous national parks here is Narawntapu, which is known for its frequent wildlife sightings. Launceston is approximately two hour's drive from Hobart.
Soak up the city’s beauty on a sunny day
Nestled in the mountains it can get cold and foggy in the city of Launceston, so the best time of year to plan your getaway is ideally during summer or spring. From December until March you will experience beautiful sunny days with the nights a littler cooler. This is also the busiest time of year, so book ahead!
Top 5 things to do when visiting Launceston
1. Explore Launceston’s star attraction, the Cataract Gorge. Admire the view, walk the trails, swim on a warm day, let your kids loose at the playgrounds or just chill out at one of the cafes. Watch your food though, as the local peacocks don’t mind sharing!
2. Make a day trip sampling the wines from the many vineyards of the Tamar Valley
3. Step back in time with a trip to Penny Royal World
4. Discover the city’s waterfront and gorge during a relaxing cruise of the Tamar River
5. Meet the farmers, and sample local wine and produce at the Harvest Launceston Farmers’ Market. Our tip: head down in the morning with an empty stomach and fill up on all the tasty goodies available!
Top 5 Cultural Attractions in Launceston
1. Spend an afternoon in the pleasant Launceston City Park and check out the monkeys (yes, really!)
2. Tour the historic houses and buildings including Franklin House and the Old Umbrella Shop
3. Experience a fun and spooky night out with a Launceston Ghost Tour
4. View an exhibition at the contemporary Design Centre of Tasmania or the regional gallery of the Queen Victoria Museum
5. Check out the quaint Swiss-style town of Grindelward
Make the most of the nearby highlights
Located only 1.5hrs from Launceston is one of Tasmania’s highlights, the must visit Cradle Mountain National Park. Be in awe of the impressive scenery and tranquil setting from several viewing points or take one of the many walks on offer from a short 20 minute stroll to the more testing six-day journey. One of the most popular and relaxing trails is the loop around Lake St Clair.
Located in the heart of Launceston CBD (Central Business District), Mercure Launceston offers an on-site restaurant and free WiFi. Mercure Launceston is 5 minutes' walk from Albert Hall Convention Cen...more
Located 100 metres from Launceston Aquatic, The Florance offers accommodation with free WiFi in Launceston. Built in 19th century, the property is within a 5-minute walk of Boags Brewery. The property...more
Located in the heart of Launceston, Best Western Plus Launceston boasts an on-site restaurant and a bar. Just 3 minutes' drive from Aurora Stadium, it offers rooms with a flat-screen TV and satellite...more
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is located in the town centre, a stone’s throw from the main shopping area, public gardens, business district and Queen Victoria Museum. The 165 elegantly-appointed r...more
This 4-star boutique hotel is centrally situated and is just 2 minutes walk from Launceston’s CBD, the Seaport dining area, and Tamar River. Sebel Launceston provides fully self-contained, spacious su...more
* Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty. Not what you were looking for? Try your search again
!Please enter check-in date