Hotels near Melbourne Museum
Melbourne Museum is located just north of the Melbourne CBD, set among the lush greenery of the Carlton Gardens and next to the historic Royal Exhibition Building. The award-winning Melbourne Museum houses a permanent collection in eight galleries, including one just for children. There are also regular major visiting international exhibitions.
Highlights of the permanent collection include the Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, a complete skeleton of a blue whale, a living rainforest, the racehorse Phar Lap and an IMAX Theatre on site.
The Melbourne Museum is open daily 10am – 5pm except for Good Friday and Christmas Day. It is a fantastic cheap family day out, as children under 16 years are offered FREE ENTRY!
If you plan to take a trip to the Melbourne Museum or take in of the international exhibitions, why not stay the night at one of the nearby hotels and enjoy the local shopping, restaurants and all Melbourne has to offer.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz