Hotels Near Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix
The Albert Park street circuit was used for Grand Prix races during the late 1950's but it wasn't until 1996 that the Melbourne race was an official event on the Forumula 1 Grand Prix race calender. The track winds its way around the leafy inner-city suburb Albert Park and Albert Park Lake.
The Melbourne race is often the season-opener for the year, the 2012 race was scheduled for Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th of March and the 2016 race is scheduled for Thursday 18th to Sunday 20th March. The main race is usually held on the Sunday.
The number of private apartments and holiday homes available has increased over the last few years.
Travelling to see a Formula 1 race can be a great way to see a new country, other nearby races include the Formula 1 Singapore in mid September and the Formula 1 Malaysia in early October.
Accommodation for nearby races held later in the year:
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz