Hotels Near AFL Stadiums
It's easy to be a fair weather fan and only attend your team's home games on a fine winter's day, but a true supporter will follow their team to ALL the games, including those interstate. Avoid the crowds and hassles of travelling to the ground, and stay near the AFL Stadium when you travel to support your team.
VICTORIA - The MCG and Etihad Stadium are the major AFL stadiums in Melbourne and the home grounds for most Melbourne-based teams. Walk to the MCG from any of the hotels around Jolimont or East Melbourne. The Docklands is a stone's throw from Etihad Stadium and there are a range of hotels and restaurants in the precinct. Head south of Melbourne to Skilled Stadium (Kardinia Park), Geelong’s home ground for the past 60 years.
NEW SOUTH WALES - The SCG is the home ground of the Sydney Swans and is in Moore Park, close to Central Station and most Sydney city hotels. If the big game is at the ANZ Stadium, stay in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.
SOUTH AUSTRALIA - AAMI Stadium is the home of the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide, and South Australia's premier football stadium. Stay in Adelaide city and travel to the stadium by special coaches on game days.
WESTERN AUSTRALIA - Paterson's Stadium at Subiaco Oval is the largest and most recognised stadiums in Western Australia with a capacity of over 43,000 and home to the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers. Stay in Perth for easy access to the ground.
QUEENSLAND - The Brisbane Cricket Ground (BCG) affectionately known as The GABBA is a 42,000 seat sports venue and the Brisbane Lions home ground. Stay in South Brisbane or Kangaroo Point, a short walk from the ground. The home venue of the new team Gold Coast Suns will be the Gold Coast Stadium at Carara, however they will play one game at Cazaly's Stadium in Cairns.
NORTHERN TERRITORY - The TIO Stadium will be used for two home games this premiership season - one each for Richmond and Melbourne, and winter is a great time of year to travel to the Top End. Stay in Darwin and take the free bus service from the city to stadium on game day.
So why not sign on as a member with your favourite AFL team, check out the footy fixture, grab a great deal on flights and follow your team... literally. Be a passionate supporter and stay where they play!
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz