Hobart Hotel Accommodation
To see the latest deals and prices click here to enter your travel dates.
The little city that packs a punch
At the southern tip of Australia on one of the world's deepest harbours lies Hobart, the capital of the island of Tasmania. Hobart enjoys a cool, temperate climate and is the southernmost port for many cruise liners. It boasts clean air and magnificent, fresh produce, arts and crafts, galleries and historic architecture, a relaxed island atmosphere with spectacular scenery, thriving waterfront dining and shopping, a casino, sailing and word famous fishing.
Although an intimate city compared to those on the ‘Mainland’, Hobart packs a punch when it comes to culture, history, fine food, wine and charm. Not only is the old city set in a picturesque seaside location, it's also surrounded by well persevered bushland and coastal towns making it one of the most visually stimulating places to visit. Since the establishment of the very cool and controversial Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Hobart has attracted an international, young, hip following, making it on many lists as one of the top Australian destinations to visit.
Sunshine and good times
Without a doubt, the best time to visit Hobart is during summer when there are clear skies, the sun is shining and there’s a good vibe about the streets. Between December and January, Hobart plays host to some of its most famous events including The Taste of Tasmania, the finish of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race and New Year’s Eve Celebrations on the waterfront. Don’t worry, you won’t be sweating it out while sightseeing. Hobart has weather similar to that of England, and the temperature will be hovering around a comfortable 23°C.
Top 5 Things to Do in Hobart
1. Be inspired, confronted and amused during a trip to Hobart’s attraction of the moment, MONA
2. Enjoy the many restaurants, cafes and bars down at portside Salamanca, as well as the iconic Salamanca Market on Saturdays
3. Get a clear view of the city centre, the Tasman Peninsula, Port Arthur, Bruny Island and beyond from the top of Mt Wellington
4. Spend the afternoon enjoying a casual walk around Hobart’s premier suburb, Battery Point
5. Even if lager is not your thing, the stunning setting and architecture of the Cascade Brewery is sure to impress
Top 4 Events in Hobart
1. The Taste of Tasmania, a week-long food and drink festival in December showcasing local produce that will delight your palate
2. Cutting edge festival of music and art, MONA FOMA held in January at the gallery itself
3. Watch the winner cross the finish line of the incredible Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race at the end of December
4. Party the night away on New Year’s Eve down at bustling Constitution Dock with live music, food, drink and fireworks
Jump in a car and get out of town
You can’t possibly go to Hobart without exploring its nearby delights. Jump in a car and head to Port Arthur for an amazing historic experience. Do a spot of antiquing in Richmond and enjoy the nearby wine region. Take a day trip to Mount Field National Park or a relaxing drive through the beautiful Huon Valley. If you have time, squeeze in an overnighter to Bruny Island by ferry and devour some freshly shucked oysters.
Located in historic Battery Point, St Ives Motel offers spacious self-contained apartments with free WiFi, cooking facilities and cable TV. Salamanca Market and Hobart’s waterfront are a 10-minute wal...more
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 683
Situated next to Hobart International Airport, Travelodge Hobart Airport offers sound-proofed rooms and suites only 15 minutes’ by car from Hobart CBD (Central Business District). It benefits from a f...more
Mayfair Plaza Motel offers spacious rooms in the heart of the Sandy Bay shopping and dining district, just minutes from Salamanca markets, historic Battery Point and Hobart CBD (Central Business Distr...more
Rated 4 out of 5 by 144
Just 4 minutes’ drive from Hobart International Airport, Hobart Airport Tourist Park features self-contained accommodation with a private balcony.Tourist Park Hobart Airport is 3 minutes’ drive from G...more
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1442
Foreshore Motel and Tavern Hobart (Lauderdale) is situated in Lauderdale, on Hobart's picturesque Eastern Shore. It is within 20 minutes' drive of both Hobart Airport and Hobart CBD (Central Business Di...more
Rated 4 out of 5 by 123
* Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty. Not what you were looking for? Try your search again
!Please enter check-in date