Hobart Romance Holiday Guide
What’s cookin’ good lookin’? They may still be using 70’s pickup lines in parts of Tassie, but if you’re the type who plays hard to get when it comes to choosing a holiday destination, beware! Once Hobart lays on its romantic and gourmet charms, few have the heart, or stomach, to resist.
Day 1: On days like this, breakfast only takes up valuable storage space:
- There’s a vat of vineyards to explore around Hobart, so get a guide to do all the hard work on a Wineries and Historic Richmond six-hour tour, stopping for tastings and a private lunch at Hatcher’s Manor.
- Explore the Saturday Salamanca Market, full of foodie stalls to provide for a picnic or give the folks back home a taste of Tassie herb vinegars, bush honey and more!
- For an absurdly romantic first night, savour the food, wine and water views at nationally award-winning Marque IV. Devour Mediterranean-fashioned Tasmanian produce a la carte or go dreamy degustation.
Day 2: An eclectic day of pampering, pondering and...popcorn:
- If the morning air’s a little fresh, book in for a massage or beauty treatment at the Savoy Baths Day Spa.
- Drive or take a tour to infamous Port Arthur - explore the ex-penal settlement and head out on the river to watch seabirds, dolphins and penguins.
- Snuggle up at the State Cinema. Watch the latest flicks in an intimate setting surrounded by cochlea caressing acoustics—you can even grab a bag of ‘back in my day’ lollies for the show.
- Salty sailors, millionaire yachtsmen and people who couldn’t find a starboard in a storm congregate at Customs House Waterfront Hotel. Wash down delicious fish and chips, world famous local scallops and big lamb roasts with Tasmania’s equally fabled beers.
Day 3: Fire up the passion with something old fashioned:
- Breakfast at Ashmore on Bridge Street. On the menu today we have specialty teas; rich, aromatic coffees; cinnamon French toast with berry compote; decadent hot chocolate croissants and, if we’re not careful, drool.
- Part of the fun of visiting a city with a couple of centuries under its belt, are the potential goodies lurking around the next corner. Like the 18th and 19th century furniture, curios, jewellery, silver and instruments at Kent and Kent Antiques.
- Sample Mother Nature’s own Viagra on a tour of the Barilla Bay Oyster farm. Have a late lunch at the restaurant - or drop in on your way to the airport (5 mins away).
Recommended Hobart Romance Hotels:
- The Henry Jones Art Hotel Hobart has stunning views out to Mount Wellington and just as impressive art on the bedroom walls. There’s also an onsite restaurant serving many delicacies to tempt the apple of your eye.
- The Somerset on the Pier Hobart loft-style studios look across the Derwent River. The lapping water along the pier lulls you into a peaceful slumber on your comfy king size bed.
- There’s more than a sip of European at Hatchers Richmond Manor, a restored mansion with gas log fires, four-poster beds and spa baths for a cosy, private winter rendezvous.
See the list below for more Hobart Romantic Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz