Visas for Visitors to Australia and Visas for Australians Going Overseas
What is a Visa?
A Visa is an official document allowing a non-citizen to visit a country for a certain period of time under certain conditions.
Conditions of Visa's typically include the length of time you can stay and the activities may include visiting for holidays, studying, business meetings or conferences or working in a country.
In general a Visa is not needed to transit through a country if you do not leave the airport of that country, but if your transit is longer than a few hours and you do need to leave the airport you will need a Visa.
Visas for Visitors to Australia
If you are from a country other than Australia or New Zealand you will need a Visa to visit Australia.
Visitors to Australia can get more information about Visas for visiting, studying, working and citizenship to Australia from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection www.immi.gov.au
Visas for Australians Visiting Other Countries
For Australians visiting other countries you will need to find out about the Visa for that country from the countries consulate. If you are travelling to multiple countries in one trip you will need to check with the consulate of each country for the current Visa requirements.
Also check your passport is valid and has at least 6 months left after your planned returned date, some countries will not allow entry if your passport does not have enough time until its date of expirey.
The Australian Government offers travel advice and assesses the level of health risks or safety concerns associated with visiting a country for Australian citizens on the SmartTraveller.gov.au site. See the SmartTraveller Top 10 travel tips for Australians travelling overseas to other countries.
Some countries offer reciprocal visa exemption arrangements with Australia for a period of 30 days or less or 90 days or less. The visitor is granted a temporary visitor stamp on their passport which includes most activities except working in that country, examples of these countries include:
Japan and Singapore - 90 days or less
Thailand and Philippines - 30 days or less
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz