Gold Coast Romance City Guide
Don’t let the Gold Coast fool you. Underneath that flashy exterior hide some of Australia’s most delightfully cosy, fun and unique holiday experiences for ravenous gourmands and romance starved couples. Of course, it would never openly admit to such sentimental mushiness, so it appears we’re going to have to spill the balsamic marinated white beans...
Day 1: Sir, madam, we ask you to please refrain from such saucy behaviour, this is a family destination:
- Indulge with some Belgian waffles and white chocolate chai at Max Brenner’s chocolate café on Main Beach. Go on, your on holidays, be naughty.
- We know what you were really thinking over breakfast. So head to Ripple Massage for a body chocolate massage and lime and tangerine body scrub – but no nibbling allowed!
- Spend your afternoon playing Tarzan and Jane on a Twilight Rainforest Safari to see 3000-year-old Antarctic Beech Trees and explore the rainforest and waterfalls of the Springbrook Plateau.
- Dance and romance the night away at the Bedroom Lounge Bar and Nightclub, one of Surfer’ Paradise’s premium nightclubs. Recline in your private king or queen size bed lounge and do some celebrity spotting over cocktails and cuddles.
Day 2: So here’s what you want to do Romeo. Let your girl think that you’re spending the day by the pool like all the predictable couples, then lay this itinerary on her:
- Greet the day on a sunrise balloon flight over the Gold Coast with views of the Pacific Ocean, through to the forest and mountains of the hinterland followed by a champagne breakfast.
- Take a drive to the Miami Organic Markets on Sundays about 30 minutes from the GC. Pick up a box of non-botoxed or ‘roid infused fruit and vegies that we don’t see enough of in the city, chat to the growers and try some organic tea.
- Sail from Broadwater on a luxury 16-meter yacht, armed with nothing more than a dash of hedonism and a chilled glass of bubbly. Two departures a day mean you can gorge on a gourmet seafood platter lunch or save yourself for the sunset backdrop.
- At award-winning fine dining restaurant Absynthe you and your bonza-cherie can sample French-Australian delights matched to a choice of the more than 1000 internationally recognised wines, including rare vintages.
Day 3: Rent a convertible and burn some rubber on a day of classic courting experiences:
- One stunning hour’s drive through the Gold Coast hinterland you’ll stumble upon (but hopefully not back from) the Cedar Creek Estate Vineyard and Winery, where you can sample some fine Chambourcin and Verdelho bottled nectar.
- Book a verandah view table at Songbirds in the Forest restaurant at Mount Tamborine, surrounded by 51 acres of rainforest, share a laugh and a chat with the kookaburras and lorikeets over modern Australian cuisine.
- Make out under the stars at the Yatala Twin Drive-In Movie theatre (30 minutes drive from city), where current films and movie marathons are run on the giant screens from dusk until dawn—you can even rock up in your PJs.
Recommended Gold Coast Romance Hotels:
- Indulge at the Mecca of opulence, bronzer and dangerously reflective teeth, the 6-star Palazzo Versace Hotel Gold Coast. Dine at award-winning restaurants and recline by the pool amongst the rich and infamous.
- It’s all about you at the Watermark Hotel and Spa Gold Coast, where you can spend your days basking in the L’Aqua Day spa massage rooms, sauna, spa, Vichy shower and hydro bath therapy before wafting through the doors of the Amalfi Bistro and Wine Bar.
- The villas at the Royal Woods Resort have very private kitchens for a little 9 ½ weeks master chefing by night - and breakfast hamper delivered to your door come day break.
See the list below for more Gold Coast Romantic Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz