Gold Coast Family Holiday Guide
From late November to early December, the Gold Coast is under attack from the annual Schoolies events, but the remaining three hundred and forty odd days of the year belong to mums, dads and kiddies of all ages. So families of the world, whether you’re after natural wonders, old fashioned entertainment or wild thrills and spills, on our command, unleash hell....
Day 1: After today, you will have officially earned your place in the record books as ‘The bestest parents in the whole wide world, ever’:
- The Pancakes Surfers is no place for boring cornflakes to show their faces. Slip into a hot air balloon basket table and tuck into some pancakes or bacon and eggs before the games really begin.
- No parent gets out of the Gold Coast alive without a trip to Movie World, Sea World or Wet ‘n’ Wild. Better yet, buy a Warner Brothers 5 day Fun Pass to see Batman, Shrek, go on rides and catch some surf at the Wave pool.
- Visit QDeck, 230 metres above the Gold Coast for a 360 degree gawk over the glitzy buildings, lush hinterland and endless beaches. Let lunch go down before taking one of the fastest elevators in the world to get there.
- Experience nature coming alive at night on an Aussie Night Safari tour, where a park ranger takes you on a spotlight walk around to peek at nocturnal animals such as crocodiles, dingos and emus—and get involved in an Aboriginal dance performance.
Day 2: Something old, something new, something furry on which to chew:
- It’s three sheets to the wind me hearties on a half-day Tall Ship Sailing Adventure, which includes a wallaby and kookaburra feeding session on South Stradbroke Island and an Aussie BBQ.
- Ankle-biters love lunch at Dracula’s cabaret restaurant on Broadwater Beach where Drax 4 kids performance on Saturdays. On the menu are delights such as Count Vlad's Chicken and a ghost train ride before a show and kids disco.
- Your cute n cuddly little ones will love the Build a Bear workshop in Surfers Paradise, where they can choose a furry creature, select an outfit, add a heartbeat and even record their own message. Their furry little friend even comes with a birth certificate.
Day 3: A plethora of fun and games to play on an all weather day:
- Take your Tigers for 18 holes of mini-golf at Putt Putt Golf at Mermaid Beach, including three themed attractions such as the Jungle Trail, set amongst beautiful waterfalls and gardens.
- Step inside Infinity, the spectacular, hilarious interactive maze, 20 futuristic worlds of special effects, illusions and giggle inspiring experiences.
- Explore Stradbroke Island and Wave Island on a guided tour, catch a glimpse of bearded dragons and exotic birdlife— pint sized marines will love the ride on a navy-like rigid hull inflatable boat too.
- Tuck into the Frenzy Food Court buffet at the Southport Sharks Australian Football Club, then let your brood run wild in the fun zone including an indoor rock-climbing wall, basketball hoop, PlayStations and more.
Recommended Gold Coast Family Hotels
- The Paradise Resort Gold Coast is a family fave with its separate bedrooms. The kids can play in the adventure playground or hang out at the Zone 4 Kids with seven themed areas for different ages, supervised by staff.
- Your spawn will love the Atrium Resort, if not for the rooms and heated pool, the extremely awesome entertainment— table tennis, billiards and bike hire. Plus a babysitter service there when you need it – say no more.
- Have your own wet ‘n’ wild time at the Mantra Sun City Resort, which has its own waterslide and outdoor swimming lagoon and sand beach and kids club.
See the list below for more Gold Coast Family Hotels.
Located in Surfers Paradise, Paradise Resort Gold Coast is by the ocean and minutes from King Tutts Putt Putt and Slingshot. This family-friendly resort is within close proximity of Adrenalin Park and...more
Relax in either the indoor or the outdoor pool at Mantra Sun City, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. You can workout in the fitness centre or play a game of tennis on the hot...more
Q1 Resort and Spa’s Skypoint Observation Deck rises 230 metres above Surfers Paradise, with 360° views over the Gold Coast hinterland, Pacific Ocean and Byron Bay. Recreation options include the Q1 Spa,...more
BreakFree Diamond Beach offers quality self-contained accommodation situated amongst tropical gardens, less than 100 metres from Broadbeach. The resort features 2 swimming pools and a spa. All BreakFr...more
Located on Broadwater, linked by monorail to Sea World and only 15 minutes' walk from the popular Surfers Paradise and Marina Mirage Shopping area, this 4.5-star hotel boasts a 50-metre lagoon pool an...more
Just 5 minutes' walk from the white sands of Mermaid Beach on Queensland's Gold Coast, this tropical resort offers apartments with free WiFi, flat-screen TVs and cooking facilities. Guests can enjoy 3...more
Ashmore Palms offers self-contained resort-style accommodation on 6 hectares of tropical landscaped gardens. Facilities include 2 swimming lagoons, 2 children’s playgrounds and a full-size tennis cour...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz