Gold Coast Adventure Holiday Guide
So you’ve got three days to forget about work, uni or school huh? Well, you could lay by the pool, read trashy novels and sit cross-legged homming to the Gods. Or, you could grab that big city stress by the throat and throttle it with 72 hours of heart-pounding action, adventures and fun in the sand, surf, turf and skies across the Gold Coast.
Day 1: Challengers....are you ready?
- Leave soggy Weetbix to Aussie kids and chow down on some Eggs Benedict and coffee at Skinnydippers café. Watch the world go by on Main Beach and head out for a swim later.
- There’s romantic action in the air on a Paragliding for Two experience as you fly above the Gold Coast towed along by a high powered speedboat.
- Hop inside a wet and wild zorbing ride giant clear ball and take a spin down the speed or twisty slalom track.
- Grab 18 holes of golf at the renowned Palm Meadows course, 10 minutes from Surfers Paradise. Set over 350 hectares makes for plenty of walking - before a dip in their famous Japanese baths.
Day 2: The sun is out, the water’s blue – time to run slow motion down to the beach in your bikini, boardies or God help us, budgie smugglers:
- Walk on water at a two-hour surf lesson at Coolangatta. Morph from beach practicing novice to zipping across the water terrorising swimmers in a day.
- Take a guided kayak tour from the city across the water to Wavebreak Island—along the way keep your eyes out for dolphins, turtles and stingrays, who you can later meet up close and personal doing a snorkel off the sandy beach.
- Cruise into the Groove Train in Robina and lunch on some Chunky and Funky Nachos and then play some arcade games in this retro modern Mediterranean cuisine restaurant.
- Jump on a Jetski and Seaplane adventure for two where you’ll rise to over 1000 feet for a view of Gold Coast landmarks before taking 1500cc jet skis for a spin around the 1 km course.
Day 3: The Gold Coast is Australia’s movie production hothouse. Think you’ve got the goods to be a star? Tape rolling and action...:
- Play Brad or Angelina for a day on a Movie stunt experience in Nerang where you can learn some tricks from professionals, such as fight choreography and being set on fire.
- There are 68 challenges in the Adventure Parc ropes course and flying foxes at North Tamborine (40 minutes drive)—or true Avatars can challenge the black course.
- Make your day at the Australian shooting academy at Surfers Paradise, where you’ll get personalised instruction, firearm hire and use of the ranges—feeling lucky, punk?
- Get some star treatment at the Temple Lounge Bar Surfers Paradise, where Friday to Sunday you can dance and drink to sexy lounge music, or kick back with tapas on the deck on Sunday afternoons.
Recommended Gold Coast Adventure Hotels:
- Grab a heavenly night’s kip on a Sofitel Gold Coast MyBed. The resort also has a major selection of mod cons and places to eat, drink and relax.
- The BreakFree Beachcomber Surfers Paradise, sits just 30 metres from the lapping surf. There are floodlit tennis courts for some evening forehand play, followed up with an in-room massage.
- Enjoy the great outdoors at Oscar on Main, which has landscaped gardens and ocean views, perfect for winding down after a busy day—jump in the spa and steam room for that extra bit of muscle recharge.
See the list below for more great Gold Coast Adventure Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz