Geelong Hotel Accommodation
To see the latest deals and prices click here to enter your travel dates.
Here is a quick summary of the type of hotels and accommodation you will find in Geelong. If you are looking at a longer stay you can book up to 29 nights and you might want to look at the 25 hotels in Geelong which have kitchens so eating in is an option.
There are 11 holiday homes, by definition offering unique locations and facilities. 10 ever popular 4 star hotels for business or pleasure, and 3 star hotels providing everything for the budget conscious.
Keeping active is entirely possible at the 3 hotels in Geelong with a gym and the 15 hotels with a pool. 3 of the hotels have both a gym and a pool. And 1 have a tennis court.
Pampering, relaxation, massage and spa treatments are available at the 1 hotels with a spa and wellness centres. Or if you want to relax in your own room there are 13 hotels with a spa bath in your own room.
If you are visiting Geelong for a business trip you may be interested in the 25 Geelong hotels with conference facilities. 33 Geelong hotels have parking. And getting to and from the airport is made easier by the 7 hotels with an airport shuttle.
Waterfront city worth a visit
Located just 70km southwest of Melbourne and nestled on the picturesque waterfront of Corio Bay, sits Geelong. What was once a country town, Geelong is now a sophisticated, cosmopolitan city worth visiting. There is a vibrant restaurant scene, ample shopping outlets, a growing art’s precinct and enough history to tick the culture box. Geelong hosts some of the State’s major events including Avalon Airshow and the Festival of Sails
It's all about the kids
Geelong is a city to be enjoyed all year round, however spring is the best season to soak up the outdoor sites, nearby wineries and parklands. School holidays in particular are jammed packed with activities to keep the family entertained.
There are plenty of family-friendly activities the kids will approve of in Geelong. Popular events for small people include the Royal Geelong Show and the annual Children’s Week, both in October. Indoor trampoline parks and Adventure Park, Victoria's largest theme park, are great energy-draining activities. There are also sporting activities such as horse riding tours and bike tours along the city’s designated tracks. Or for tourists who simply want to relax, Geelong has some wonderful parks, the waterfront, Eastern beach, Jerringot Wetlands, and Eastern beach - great spots for picnics or afternoon icecream breaks.
Nearby Geelong there's Werribee Open Range Zoo, Jirrahlinga Wildlife Sanctuary, Queenscliff Marine Sanctuary, Fairy Park, Searoad Ferries and the beachside town of Torquay. During school holidays you'll find local guides that will keep your itinerary packed to the brim.
Top 5 things to do in Geelong
1. Head straight to Geelong Waterfront for restaurants, regular events, markets and walking paths to enjoy the view.
2. Do a spot of shopping in Central Geelong, Bay City Plaza or Market Square. Snap up a sale item or two during the city’s largest annual sale on Melbourne Cup Day
3. Take a picnic down to the Geelong Botanic Gardens for a restful afternoon on the lawn
4. Sit amongst the Cat fans at Geelong’s local institution, Simonds Stadium to watch a game of AFL
5. Visit the Old Geelong Gaol and enjoy a spooky evening on the ‘Dare to be Scared’ Ghost Tour, held the first Saturday of each month
3 Popular Events in Geelong
1. Pack a hat on and use some spare change to put a bet on at The Geelong Cup in October
2. Meet the local creators and farmers at the regular Geelong Waterfront Makers & Growers’ Market
3. Sample local wines at Toast to the Coast during November
Rydges Geelong is located in the heart of the Geelong Central Business District (CBD), 2 minutes' drive from Simmonds Stadium. It offers a swimming pool, spa pool and business centre. St John of God G...more
Located in the heart of the Geelong waterfront, Novotel is just 450 metres from Eastern Beach. It features a heated indoor pool, a fitness centre, a restaurant and bar. Each luxurious room boasts a ba...more
* Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty. Not what you were looking for? Try your search again
!Please enter check-in date