Darwin Adventure Holiday Guide
Darwin is a city where red-blooded adventurers willing to challenge their skills, test their endurance and discover the less travelled sights certainly get their money’s worth. Wet season or dry, there’s a weekend of action that guarantees one reaction, ”Now THAT was cool!”
Day 1: Master the waters with some Dundee-worthy action:
- Head out to deep water on a game fishing tour for a day of extreme strength and skill training to haul in a whopper – or brag about the one that got away.
- Enter the cage of death at Crocosaurus Cove, where your see-through acrylic cage is lowered into a croc enclosure to get a close up happy Snap with the saltwater beasts up close.
- Check out the aquatic life on a scuba dive around the Vernon Islands and Darwin Harbour’s WWII wrecks and wreckage from Cyclone Tracy.
- Dine like Tarzan and Jane at Lizards Restaurant. Bordered by bamboo and tropical palms bursting with greenness, this place is perfect for a juicy steak with a choice of five sauces to wash it down.
Day 2: You’ll be all over the place with tracks, trails and falls to explore:
- Soar to new heights of daring with a Darwin Parachute Club skydive - go tandem or unassisted, depending on your level of experience and sanity.
- Hire mountain bikes and BMX bandit your way along the East Point Reserve path, which follows the coast. Get your breath back with a picnic enjoying an eye and lungful of clean sea air.
- Do the Charles Darwin. No, not a fancy new dance but more than 12km of single track, rocks, steps and challenging technical sections through national park.
- After that day of rugged action, you need a hearty meal with balls – and no one serves better than the Ducks Nuts Bar and Grill. Pick from a wide range of beers, watch some live entertainment or practice your prosts at Tzars Vodka Bar.
Day 3: Precision and concentration test your skill levels with these expert experiences:
- Men and women in tights (and checked slacks) can take aim Flight Path golf and archery range. Clay pigeon shooting coming soon too.
- Clamber inside an old WWII oil tank at The Rock Centre where there’s somting for beginners and advanced level rubble rousers, including a multi-storey play maze.
- While Darwin is more famous for it’s selection of 19th hole establishments, you can build a thirst on the first 18 holes at the Darwin Golf Club. It’s well-maintained all year round and provides a scenic background of lush, palm-lined fairways and occasional Frilled Neck Lizard hazard.
- Nothng is safe or sacred at Absolute Waterfront Dining on Cullen Bay Marina where they’re throwing emu, crocodile, barramundi, camel, kangaroo and even the odd shrimp on the barbie every night.
Recommended Darwin Adventure Hotels:
- After a day of hard yakka, the best thing about Darwin is the magic sunsets. And there are few better places to watch it than from a balcony room at the Mantra On The Esplanade.
- Even moustacheod Solo men have a cold drink between kayaking down waterfalls and wrestling crocs—so order a cosmopolitan at the Jabiru Bar of the Novotel Darwin Atrium and enjoy the indoor rainforest setting.
- How far does your competitive spirit go? In the Quality Hotel Frontier public bar you can bet on the dogs, horses, play on the pokies or try your hand at Keno.
See the list below for more Darwin Adventure Hotels.
With a stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Darwin Esplanade, you'll be centrally located in Darwin, steps from Bicentennial Park and Darwin Entertainment Centre. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity o...more
Located in Darwin, Novotel Darwin Atrium is minutes from Crocosaurus Cove and Bicentennial Park. This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of Darwin Entertainment Centre and Darwin War Memorial.Ro...more
Located in Darwin City, the Frontier Darwin Hotel is a 3.5 star property offering a variety of spacious rooms featuring views over the lush tropical landscape and sweeping city views. It boasts an out...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz