Hotel Accommodation in Austria
Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest Austria hotel deals and prices.
About Austria, Europe
|Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli|
Austria was once the heart of the rich and sprawling Hapsburg territories stretching from the then Germanies to Hungary. Today, Austria is a German-speaking country that is both one of the wealthiest in the world and boasts one of the world's highest living standards. Despite its turbulent history in the first half of the 20th Century, Austria is a beautiful and history-rich nation that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.
Things to do and see in Austria
Austria is a nation famous for historical sites and the rich culture that can be found in most Austrian cities of note. Its beautiful landscape features spectacular sights such as the Alps and picturesque locations such as the Wolfgangsee Lake.
Here is a short list of the most popular Austrian tourist destinations:
- Vienna is the number one destination for tourists in Austria, being both its capital and a city that is famous for its culture and rich heritage. Famous tourist spots in Vienna include churches such as St. Stephen's Cathedral, museums such as the Albertina, Belvedere and Leopold, memorials dedicated to Austria-based musicians such as Beethoven and Mozart and more modern attractions such as the Hundertwasserhaus.
- Salzburg is the second most-visited Austrian city after Vienna and boasts attractions of a similar nature. It too features numerous historical palaces and monuments from the Baroque period, beautiful religious edifices, music festivals and other cultural activities.
- Other famous tourist cities include Linz and Innsbruck. Linz in particular is famous for the Ars Electronica, a festival, and a number of organizations set up and run to promote digital art and media culture.
- Many tourists in Austria go to its mountain resorts in the Alps during the winter. There, they can enjoy a range of activities including skiing and hiking through the mountains. Other tourists visit winter sports resorts located in western Austria such as (Sölden and Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
- Vienna (Vienna hotels) boasts the biggest night time club scene as befitting the most important Austrian city. Tourists to Vienna can find a range of entertainment from concerts to relaxing coffeehouses to clubs and bars offering music in styles ranging from chart music to electronic.
- Salzburg (Salzburg hotels) offers a broad range of beer halls, dance clubs, concerts and theatre performances. Famous night time locations in Salzburg include the Irish pub Hamrock and clubs such as the Cave-Club and the Airport that offers techno and house music.
- Linz (Linz hotels) offers a calmer night time atmosphere than most other Austrian cities. Its nightlife caters to an international audience and features many entertainment spots catering to these different tastes and preferences.
- The Arlberg, Lech is one of the most famous ski resorts in Austria or anywhere else in the world. It is is the birthplace of modern alpine skiing and features all the challenges that a dedicated skier can ask for. For those who are not interested in skiing, other winter activities such as skating and sleighing are also available to tourists.
- Innsbruck (Innsbruck hotels) is the capital of the state of Tyrol in Austria and one of the most popular resort destinations in the country. It is located at the foot of the Alps and offers easy access to numerous resorts catering to tourists eager to play in the snow.
Entertainment in Austria
Given Austria's rich culture and musical inclinations, it should come as no surprise that this extends into its present in the form of musical celebrations, night time dance clubs and numerous bars and coffeehouses offering music in countless styles and sounds. An exuberant nightlife can be found in Austrian cities from Vienna to Graz and Eisenstadt.
Places to stay in Austria
Austria hotel accommodations boasts a number of spectacular hotels in its most popular cities and numerous famous winter sports resorts both in the Alps and in its western regions. The big-name hotels in Austria offer all the amenities and comforts that a tourist can ask for, though their popularity means that tourists should make sure to book online hotel reservations in Austria before going there.
More info about Austria
For more information about Austria, there is About Austria at www.aboutaustria.org. Other useful sites include the official site at www.austria.info and the directory of tourism offices worldwide at www.towd.com.
- Vienna 1254 hotels
- Zell am See 286 hotels
- Salzburg 237 hotels
- Sölden 212 hotels
- Bad Kleinkirchheim 185 hotels
- Kaprun 178 hotels
- Neustift Im Stubaital 175 hotels
- Saalbach 171 hotels
- Schladming 166 hotels
- Seefeld in Tirol 160 hotels
- Innsbruck 155 hotels
- Mayrhofen 135 hotels
- Ischgl 132 hotels
- Sankt Anton am Arlberg 123 hotels
- Längenfeld 118 hotels
- Bad Gastein 115 hotels
- Graz 112 hotels
- Wagrain 103 hotels
- Lech 103 hotels
- Ramsau am Dachstein 98 hotels
- Bad Hofgastein 94 hotels
- Tux 89 hotels
- Kappl 88 hotels
- Sankt Leonhard im Pitztal 84 hotels
- Flachau 75 hotels
- Kitzbühel 74 hotels
- Fügen 69 hotels
- Westendorf 68 hotels
- Kirchberg in Tirol 65 hotels
- Leogang 63 hotels
- Leutasch 63 hotels
- Maria Alm am Steinernen Meer 60 hotels
- Sankt Johann im Pongau 60 hotels
- Nauders 57 hotels
- Piesendorf 55 hotels
- Hermagor 55 hotels
- Zell am Ziller 55 hotels
- Velden am Wörthersee 54 hotels
- Alpbach 53 hotels
- Grossarl 53 hotels
- Oetz 53 hotels
- Linz 52 hotels
- Fulpmes 51 hotels
- Gerlos 51 hotels
- Sankt Johann in Tirol 51 hotels
- Finkenberg 50 hotels
- See 50 hotels
- Filzmoos 49 hotels
- Pertisau 49 hotels
- Lermoos 48 hotels
A Selection of the Best Hotels in Austria
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz