Hotel Accommodation in Austria
Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest Austria hotel deals and prices.
About Austria, Europe
|Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli|
Austria was once the heart of the rich and sprawling Hapsburg territories stretching from the then Germanies to Hungary. Today, Austria is a German-speaking country that is both one of the wealthiest in the world and boasts one of the world's highest living standards. Despite its turbulent history in the first half of the 20th Century, Austria is a beautiful and history-rich nation that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.
Things to do and see in Austria
Austria is a nation famous for historical sites and the rich culture that can be found in most Austrian cities of note. Its beautiful landscape features spectacular sights such as the Alps and picturesque locations such as the Wolfgangsee Lake.
Here is a short list of the most popular Austrian tourist destinations:
- Vienna is the number one destination for tourists in Austria, being both its capital and a city that is famous for its culture and rich heritage. Famous tourist spots in Vienna include churches such as St. Stephen's Cathedral, museums such as the Albertina, Belvedere and Leopold, memorials dedicated to Austria-based musicians such as Beethoven and Mozart and more modern attractions such as the Hundertwasserhaus.
- Salzburg is the second most-visited Austrian city after Vienna and boasts attractions of a similar nature. It too features numerous historical palaces and monuments from the Baroque period, beautiful religious edifices, music festivals and other cultural activities.
- Other famous tourist cities include Linz and Innsbruck. Linz in particular is famous for the Ars Electronica, a festival, and a number of organizations set up and run to promote digital art and media culture.
- Many tourists in Austria go to its mountain resorts in the Alps during the winter. There, they can enjoy a range of activities including skiing and hiking through the mountains. Other tourists visit winter sports resorts located in western Austria such as (Sölden and Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
- Vienna (Vienna hotels) boasts the biggest night time club scene as befitting the most important Austrian city. Tourists to Vienna can find a range of entertainment from concerts to relaxing coffeehouses to clubs and bars offering music in styles ranging from chart music to electronic.
- Salzburg (Salzburg hotels) offers a broad range of beer halls, dance clubs, concerts and theatre performances. Famous night time locations in Salzburg include the Irish pub Hamrock and clubs such as the Cave-Club and the Airport that offers techno and house music.
- Linz (Linz hotels) offers a calmer night time atmosphere than most other Austrian cities. Its nightlife caters to an international audience and features many entertainment spots catering to these different tastes and preferences.
- The Arlberg, Lech is one of the most famous ski resorts in Austria or anywhere else in the world. It is is the birthplace of modern alpine skiing and features all the challenges that a dedicated skier can ask for. For those who are not interested in skiing, other winter activities such as skating and sleighing are also available to tourists.
- Innsbruck (Innsbruck hotels) is the capital of the state of Tyrol in Austria and one of the most popular resort destinations in the country. It is located at the foot of the Alps and offers easy access to numerous resorts catering to tourists eager to play in the snow.
Entertainment in Austria
Given Austria's rich culture and musical inclinations, it should come as no surprise that this extends into its present in the form of musical celebrations, night time dance clubs and numerous bars and coffeehouses offering music in countless styles and sounds. An exuberant nightlife can be found in Austrian cities from Vienna to Graz and Eisenstadt.
Places to stay in Austria
Austria hotel accommodations boasts a number of spectacular hotels in its most popular cities and numerous famous winter sports resorts both in the Alps and in its western regions. The big-name hotels in Austria offer all the amenities and comforts that a tourist can ask for, though their popularity means that tourists should make sure to book online hotel reservations in Austria before going there.
More info about Austria
For more information about Austria, there is About Austria at www.aboutaustria.org. Other useful sites include the official site at www.austria.info and the directory of tourism offices worldwide at www.towd.com.
Top Hotel Brands in Austria
- Interhome (689 properties)
- Urlaub am Bauernhof (569 properties)
- JUFA Gästehäuser (50 properties)
- Austria Trend Hotels & Resorts (23 properties)
- Ibis (20 properties)
- Mercure (20 properties)
- Best Western (18 properties)
- NH Hotels (11 properties)
- Romantik Hotel (9 properties)
- Falkensteiner Hotels & Residences (9 properties)
- Holiday Inn (7 properties)
- Courtyard (7 properties)
- Radisson Blu (7 properties)
- Relais & Châteaux Hotels (7 properties)
- Motel One (7 properties)
- Steigenberger (7 properties)
- Ramada (5 properties)
- A&O Hotels & Hostels (5 properties)
- Arcotel (4 properties)
- B&B Hotels (4 properties)
- Ibis Budget (4 properties)
- Comfort Inn (4 properties)
- Renaissance (4 properties)
- Robinson Club (4 properties)
- Small Luxury Hotels of the World (4 properties)
- Luxury Collection (4 properties)
- Meininger (4 properties)
- Hilton (4 properties)
- Top Hotels (3 properties)
- Treff (3 properties)
Top 10 Hotel Categories in Austria
- Pool (3164 properties)
- Kitchen (12617 properties)
- Spa bath in room (543 properties)
- Penthouse Suites (76 properties)
- Airport Shuttle (5039 properties)
- Day Spa (2650 properties)
- Balcony rooms (14428 properties)
- Disabled or WheelChair Access (3524 properties)
- Gym (2527 properties)
- Parking (20966 properties)
Top 10 Hotel Types in Austria
- Bed and Breakfast (2109 properties)
- Boutique (67 properties)
- Cottage/Cabin (1923 properties)
- Farmhouse/Ranch (207 properties)
- Holiday Homes (529 properties)
- Hostel/Backpacker (53 properties)
- Motel (23 properties)
- Residence (210 properties)
- Resorts (156 properties)
- Tourist/Caravan Park (2 properties)
- Vienna 791 hotels
- Zell am See 247 hotels
- Sölden 237 hotels
- Saalbach 201 hotels
- Salzburg 175 hotels
- Mayrhofen 173 hotels
- Schladming 163 hotels
- Kaprun 160 hotels
- Ischgl 154 hotels
- Bad Kleinkirchheim 151 hotels
- Neustift Im Stubaital 147 hotels
- Sankt Anton am Arlberg 140 hotels
- Seefeld in Tirol 132 hotels
- Lech 129 hotels
- Innsbruck 117 hotels
- Längenfeld 106 hotels
- Graz 99 hotels
- Ramsau am Dachstein 93 hotels
- Bad Gastein 91 hotels
- Kappl 90 hotels
- Wagrain 88 hotels
- Bad Hofgastein 79 hotels
- Kitzbühel 78 hotels
- Tux 77 hotels
- Sankt Leonhard im Pitztal 70 hotels
- Flachau 69 hotels
- Maria Alm am Steinernen Meer 62 hotels
- Kirchberg in Tirol 59 hotels
- Obertauern 59 hotels
- Westendorf 59 hotels
- Leutasch 58 hotels
- Hermagor 56 hotels
- Leogang 56 hotels
- Filzmoos 55 hotels
- Fiss 54 hotels
- Hinterglemm 54 hotels
- Pertisau 54 hotels
- Zell am Ziller 54 hotels
- Velden am Wörthersee 53 hotels
- Nauders 52 hotels
- Obergurgl 52 hotels
- Sankt Johann im Pongau 51 hotels
- Fügen 50 hotels
- Oetz 50 hotels
- Sankt Johann in Tirol 50 hotels
- St. Wolfgang 49 hotels
- Alpbach 47 hotels
- Linz 47 hotels
- Grossarl 46 hotels
- Gerlos 45 hotels
A Selection of the Best Hotels in Austria
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz