Cairns Romance Holiday Guide
Attention amorous lovebirds and epicurious foodies. Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to experience as many of Tropical North Queensland’s, romantic and gourmet wonders as your short stay will allow – while giving thought to nothing more than pure unadulterated personal pleasure. What do you say? This message will self-indulge in five seconds.
Day 1: First we need to immerse you stressed city folk in carefree holiday maker surroundings:
- At The Edge Café in Edge Hill, you can tuck into some scrambled eggs, Italian sausage, bacon and roasted tomato or head to the store to squirrel away some gourmet prepared delights for later.
- Get swept away on an award winning all day tour of the Great Barrier Reef starting on a romantic catamaran to Michaelmas Cay, a cupid’s haven of sugar white sand and snorkel-worthy reefs.
- Cool down with some gourmet biodynamic ice-cream at the Floravilla factory in Cow Bay (about two hours drive from Cairns). Wrap your kissing gear around flavours such as Guinness, chilli chocolate and more.
- Things can get a little steamy and wild at feast for senses Flames of the Forest including a six course banquet of local food and the best in Australian wines.
Day 2: Shhh you two. All we ask is that today you to sit back and look beautiful:
- Wake up to a sensual Nirvana Pamper Package in Port Douglas, including a Vichy shower experience - seven shower heads rotate with varying temperatures designed to relieve muscle tension - followed by a deluxe facial.
- Then spoil your insides at The Fusion Allergy Free Café with a healthy Vegan, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free lunch in a laid-back environment. Whisper sweet nothings over a plate of buckwheat waffles.
- Sail off into Sunset on a Cruise along the Trinity inlet, toasting your irresistible other half with a free welcome drink and whatever takes your fancy at the on-board bar.
Day 3: Play your cards right and those quivering tastebuds will be eating out of the palm of your hand:
- In the dreamy highlands an hour from Cairns you’ll come across a plantation growing Arabica coffee. Take a tour, do some tasting or sip bean juice straight from the tree.
- Things get juicy on a tour around de Brueys Boutique Wines and Tropical Fruit winery when you indulge in a tipple of mango, lychee, mulberry and passionfruit nectar at the cellar door.
- Devour some unique luxury chocolate at The Coffee Works in Mareeba will —choose your own selection of local flavours such as macadamia, chilli, black pepper and lemon myrtle.
- Enough of the foodie foreplay, time for a true dining experience at the award-winning Ochre Restaurant where chef and owner Greg Squire uses local seafood and produce, game meat and bush foods to create mindblowing delights, such as wattle seed damper and kangaroo satays.
Recommended Cairns Romantic Hotels:
- Romantic Rome meets tropical paradise at the Il Palazzo Apartment Hotel, a boutique property with balcony views and a beauty salon to get you ready for la dolce vita.
- Spend your days lazing about the Shangri La Hotel The Marina pool, enjoy a massage and polish off cocktails and tapas or two at the chic Bá8 bar.
- In your apartment kitchen at Tropic Towers you can concoct a gastronomic masterpiece from gathered local produce, or sizzle around the BBQ area set in lush tropical gardens.
See the list below for more Cairns Romantic Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz