Brisbane Family Holiday Guide
Even with kids in tow, it’s impossible to go bonkers in Brisbane. There’s so much to see and do, you’ll wonder where on earth to start. Plan your days with themes—from animal antics, to outdoors delights and educational excitement.
Day 1: Introduce your wildlife to Brisbane’s:
- It’s a jungle out on the MV Miramar wildlife cruise where you’ll get to meet flying foxes and hear the salty old captain tell spellbinding stories about Brisbane’s history.
- Grey furry things that look like uncannily like Japanese tourists backpacks abound at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, where your kids can cuddle a koala, handfeed kangaroos and watch the bird of prey flight show.
- Eat, drink and be merry at Lollypops Playland and Café, decked out with a jumping castle, PlayStations and a disco for mini-Travolta’s on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month.
Day 2: Discover Brisbane from ye olde historical perspective:
- Haul the kids off to jail on a Prison Life Tour of St Helena Island to see re-enactments of punishments inflicted on naughty inmates, hear stories and chow down on lunch before a tour of the cemeteries.
- “Oh I do like a steam train ride on a Sunday” said Thomas. “Especially if it runs from Roma St Station through Brisbane, across the river and then returns for a behind the scenes tour of the railiway workshop and museum” said Bert.
- Keep chugging away at the Locomotion café in Ashgrove, where kids can play with instructors in the activity studio while you enjoy the “parent-focused contemporary cafe”. We think that means you get to relax for a while and enjoy a decent cuppa.
Day 3: Challenge the brain cells a bit with a visit to these cerebellum stimulating locales:
- Prove to your young pride that there is something older than mum and dad with a visit to Queensland Museum’s Energex Playasaurus Place, full of interactive and life-sized dinosaurs.
- The wide open space and shady Roma St Park has many areas to frolick, including the Rainforest Corner where the kids can use the activity sheets to do some detective snooping.
- No need for shhhhhs at TGI Friday’s for dinner, who welcome boisterous kids wit free kids meals Mondays to Wednesday. Even grow ups scream for more than a spoonful of the Peanut Butter Fudge Meltdown.
Recommended Brisbane Family Hotels:
- The Central West End Apartments in the heart of the cultural hub has an outdoor pool and BBQ area if you feel like a DIY picnic.
- Even Energiser bunnies will wear themselves out at the Comfort Inn Robertson Gardens, set in 10 acres of gardens including a basketball half court and children's playground.
- Rail hail or shine, the kids will be entertained at The Point Hotel Brisbane, which offers distractions such as complimentary in-house movies and a playground while you enjoy the pool, a hit of tennis or a workout at the gym.
See the list below for more Brisbane Family Hotels.
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz