- How do I find an available hotel on my travel dates?
- What is your best rate guarantee?
- Why are the rates for my hotel shown as “On Request”?
- How long does it take to confirm rates and/or availability for On-Request Bookings?
- How secure are my credit card details when paying online?
- How safe is my personal information?
The easiest way is to use the Find Hotel Deals box on the top left of most Hotel.com.au pages by entering your dates and the city you want to stay in. You only need to enter the first 3 letters of the city to be prompted with a list of available cities starting with those letters (you do have to make sure spelling is correct though!).
The Hotel.com.au site is organised into three main levels:
- Countries with city listings
- Cities with hotel categories, and
- Individual hotel property listings
If you’re looking for hotels in a particular city, the place to start is our Site Map of Hotels World Wide. You just select your country and city, enter your travel dates and, hey presto, hotel deals galore!
In a nutshell, if you find a lower rate on another website for the same room type and travel dates within 24 hours of making your booking with us, we’ll match the price.
The best rate guarantee is based upon hotel room rates only and does not include any taxes, tariffs or fees and does not apply to discounted rates for senior citizens, travel industry rates (e.g. IATA), corporate or Government rates.
When a room rate is “On Request”, it’s usually for a smaller property or during peak periods such as public holidays, special events, or conferences/exhibitions.
Once we receive your completed reservation form, including credit card payment details, we find out if the room is available and negotiate the best rate possible on your behalf.
We’ll then get back to you and let you know the price. If you decide you’d like to go ahead, we’ll process your booking request. If you decline the offered rate, your request will be cancelled and you won’t be charged anything.
Usually 24 – 48 hours. However, around busy holiday or event periods, hotels may occasionally take a little longer.
If your On-Request booking hasn’t been confirmed and you have only a few days remaining before your travel date, you may like to see if there is an alternative hotel with instant online confirmation.
We treat the security of your information very seriously. This includes:
- protecting your personal and credit card details by 128 bit encryption
- using digital certificates from GeoTrust, industry leaders in the protection and management of data transmission and storage.
In other words, it’s near impossible for even the most determined hackers to get hold of your details.
Just as importantly, we have stringent rules around the security of your personal information including:
- never using your information for anything other than the booking you make and follow up information
- never giving your details to unauthorised third parties (yes, we hate spammers too)