Wineglass Bay & Freycinet
Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
Spectacular setting that’s hard to beat
Located in the remote Freycinet National Park, the impeccable white sand and glistening turquoise water of Wineglass Bay is arguably one of the world’s best beaches. You will share the stunning untouched scenery with the local wildlife including friendly wallabies. Wineglass Bay and Freycinet should be on everyone’s destination bucket list!
Avoid the windy days
It can blow a gail on the east coast of Tasmania, so the ideal time to soak up the beauty of the Freycinet Peninsula is during summer when the sun is shining. On a clear day, you will have magnificent views of the pink granite mountains, rich native bushlands and golden sunsets.
Being voted in the Top 10 Best Beaches in the World by several travel magazines, you would expect the region to be popular. Our tip to enjoy the magic of the Freycinet Peninsula without the crowds is to start your explorations early. For the ultimate experience, pack a light breakfast, head off on your walk and watch the sunrise. You won't be disappointed!
Top 5 Things to Do at Wineglass Bay & Freycinet
1. Stroll barefoot along the pristine white sand of Wineglass Bay and if it is warm enough, dip your toes in!
2. Pack your sneakers for a walk through the remote Freycinet National Park
3. Collect shells and wander the rocks at the beautiful Hazards Beach
4. Have time to appreciate the incredible environment of the Freycinet Peninsula in its entirety during a relaxing kayaking tour
5. Sample the local seafood delights including freshly shucked oysters and succulent blue mussels during a visit to the Freycinet Marine Farm at Coles Bay
3 Great Walks in Freycinet National Park
1. Short Walks – Sleepy Bay, Wineglass Bay Lookout, Little Gravelly Beach
2. Medium Walks – Wineglass Bay, Mt Amos
3. Long Walks – Hazard Beach Circuit, Freycinet Experience Walk
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz