Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
the sand between your toesThe 74 magical islands of the Whitsundays is the ideal getaway destination if you are wanting to be impressed by natural scenery. You'll forget about your busy life within minutes of arriving as you lay back on white sandy beaches and cool off in clear blue waters. And you'll struggle to leave the peace and serenity behind. Picture swinging hammocks under palms, tranquil still water, blue skies and a cocktail in your hand. Pure bliss!
Beware of Stinger Season
Planning your relaxing escape to the Whitsundays doesn’t just mean you should focus on school holiday periods, your budget and the weather. Stingers (or Irukandji Jellyfish) should also be a consideration unless you want to haul yourself in and out of a stinger suit whenever you go in the water! Peak season for these little guys is from October through to May. To avoid your risk of encountering a stinger and to experience perfect sunny days, we suggest you book during September when the temperature is mid – high 20’s and the crowds are relatively low (of both people and stingers!).
Whether you're heading to the Whitsundays on a romantic getaway, a party weekend with friends or a family break, it's the type of destination to kick back and soak up the magical atmosphere. Book an all-day island cruise to experience all the Whitsundays have to offer and enjoy a stress-free day on the water.
Top 5 Things to Do at The Whitsundays
1. Swim and relax at the iconic Whitehaven Beach or Airlie Beach for families
2. Experience the underwater beauty and marine life during a snorkel or dive off the Great Barrier Reef
3. Sail around the islands with a group of friends on a luxurious catamaran
3. Hang out on the largest inhabited island of the Whitsundays, Hamilton Island
4. Tie the knot to ensure you have the most picturesque wedding!
4 Must Visit Islands of The Whitsundays
1. Take in the scenery at the family friendly Daydream Island
2. Enjoy the many restaurants, bars, activities and boutique shops of Hamilton Island
3. Chill out at exclusive resort of Hayman Island
4. Snorkel the waters off Hook Island
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
Winter School Holidays in Australia
All east coast states of Australia are on holidays at the same time. ACT, QLD, NSW and Vic school holidays are from Sat 26 June to Sun 11 July.
West coast Australia (being WA and SA) is on holidays one week after the east coast states from Sat 3 July to Sun 18 July. NT is doing it's own thing, probably because it's dry season, and is on holidays from 26 June to 19 July.
To get the best deals and availability, east coasters would probably be best served travelling west for that first week and west coasters could travel east for the last week.
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz