Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
the sand between your toesThe 74 magical islands of the Whitsundays is the ideal getaway destination if you are wanting to be impressed by natural scenery. You'll forget about your busy life within minutes of arriving as you lay back on white sandy beaches and cool off in clear blue waters. And you'll struggle to leave the peace and serenity behind. Picture swinging hammocks under palms, tranquil still water, blue skies and a cocktail in your hand. Pure bliss!
Beware of Stinger Season
Planning your relaxing escape to the Whitsundays doesn’t just mean you should focus on school holiday periods, your budget and the weather. Stingers (or Irukandji Jellyfish) should also be a consideration unless you want to haul yourself in and out of a stinger suit whenever you go in the water! Peak season for these little guys is from October through to May. To avoid your risk of encountering a stinger and to experience perfect sunny days, we suggest you book during September when the temperature is mid – high 20’s and the crowds are relatively low (of both people and stingers!).
Whether you're heading to the Whitsundays on a romantic getaway, a party weekend with friends or a family break, it's the type of destination to kick back and soak up the magical atmosphere. Book an all-day island cruise to experience all the Whitsundays have to offer and enjoy a stress-free day on the water.
Top 5 Things to Do at The Whitsundays
1. Swim and relax at the iconic Whitehaven Beach or Airlie Beach for families
2. Experience the underwater beauty and marine life during a snorkel or dive off the Great Barrier Reef
3. Sail around the islands with a group of friends on a luxurious catamaran
3. Hang out on the largest inhabited island of the Whitsundays, Hamilton Island
4. Tie the knot to ensure you have the most picturesque wedding!
4 Must Visit Islands of The Whitsundays
1. Take in the scenery at the family friendly Daydream Island
2. Enjoy the many restaurants, bars, activities and boutique shops of Hamilton Island
3. Chill out at exclusive resort of Hayman Island
4. Snorkel the waters off Hook Island
Rated 4 out of 5 by 134
Rated 5 out of 5 by 337
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz