Monkey Mia (Shark Bay)
Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
Breathtaking scenery, pristine white shell beaches, and crystal clear waters complete with wild dolphins; it’s no wonder Shark Bark has World Heritage status. This is the ultimate relaxation escape you'll never want to leave.
Escape the winter chills in Shark Bay
Sunshine almost every day of the year, could it be true? Yes it’s true. With little rainfall and mild temperatures all year round, Shark Bay is a destination you can enjoy anytime. Locals suggest the weather is at its best from June to October when the winds are a little lighter. Summer months can get pretty hot and the southerly winds can really mess up your hairdo, although Monkey Mia does offer some protection.
Shark Bay is known for its spectacular landscapes including breathtaking wildflower displays. Although you can see these natural blooms throughout the year, it is from July to September when the inland areas are blanketed with a vivid array of wildflowers, putting on a remarkable show.
Top 5 Things to Do in Monkey Mia
1. Feed the local dolphins at Monkey Mia Reserve
2. Volunteer at Project Eden, a dolphin conservation program, to get up close with the marine creatures
3. Visit the relaxed ramshackle town of Denham on your way to Monkey Mia
4. Jump on a spectacular dugong tour - you're bound to see a few manta rays and sea turtles along the way too!
5. Give your feet a good exfoliation with a walk along Shell beach to the natural lagoon
Top 5 Attractions of Shark Bay
1. Hamelin Pool Stromatolites, home to some of the oldest living ‘fossils’ in the world
2. The most westerly point of Australia, Steep Point
3. Francois Peron National Park where the red dunes meet the turquoise waters
4. The historic site of Dirk Hartog Island and its secluded beaches
5. Shark Bay Marine Park, home to some of Australia’s rare species
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1029
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 184
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz