Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
A Foodie's Delight
Step foot on Kangaroo Island, breathe in the fresh sea air and take in the natural scenery, the abundant wildlife and tranquil beaches. Now *this* is a holiday destination! Just a 30 minute flight from Adelaide, or 45 minute ferry ride from Cape Jervis in South Australia, Kangaroo Island offers a range of outdoor activities in its pristine environment. The 28 vineyards and artisan food makers will tantalise your tastebuds with their produce, enhancing what will already be an incredible experience.
Rug up to see KI’s newest residents
To experience the local wildlife of Kangaroo Island at its best, surprisingly winter is the ideal time to book your getaway. It’s the season for newborn kangaroos, koalas and wallabies, while mass groups of fur seals and sea lions soak up the sunshine on the rocky shoreline. Make sure you pack some winter woollies though as daytime temperatures hover between 8 - 15°C and the cold winds can pick up.
Four wheels are essential! Kangaroo Island is a destination you really need a car in order to experience its beauty in its entirety. It takes 2 hours 20mins to drive from the east coast to the west and, although there are plenty of tours, nothing beats cruising around with your own tunes as you take in the scenery. If you choose to fly to Kangaroo Island, make sure you book a hire car well in advance so you don’t miss out!
Top 6 Things to Do on Kangaroo Island
1. Get in a 4WD and explore the 1600km scenic road of rugged coastline and picturesque sand dunes
2. Swim, fish, surf or just wander the shoreline of the spectacular Vivonne Bay
3. Take a guided tour of Island Beehive, one of Australia’s largest organic honey producers, to sample all things sticky and sweet
4. Get up close to Australia’s third largest colony of sea lions with a tour of Seal Bay
5. Visit the Island Pure sheep dairy farm and cheese factory to sample a selection of homemade cheeses and yoghurts
6. Be entertained with the Raptor Domain Birds of Prey, Fang-Tastic’s Reptiles & Venom Pit’s Venomous Creatures interactive shows.
Top 4 Outdoor Experiences on Kangaroo Island
1. Kick back and soak up the scenery during a cruise of the coastline, and for those who want to brave the cold, jump in and swim with the dolphins
2. Meet the exotic fish and discover one of the many shipwrecks during a dive in the clearest temperate water
3. Hike in Kangaroo Island’s dense forests and wetlands
4. Meander down the Harriet River at your leisure in your own kayak
Rated 0 out of 5 by
Rated 4 out of 5 by 9
Rated 2 out of 5 by 1
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz