Great Ocean Road Victoria
Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
One of the greatest all-time drives
One of the world’s greatest natural wonders can be enjoyed from the comfort of a vehicle, as you cruise the 245km stretch of Great Ocean Road. Awe-inspiring clifftops and incredible rock formations, sweet surfing spots and natural bushland makes for some pretty spectacular scenery. See the famous Apostles, enjoy the charming coastal towns and relish in the fresh air. All this and only 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne!
An all-year-round getaway
The summer months down the Great Ocean Road are some of the most spectacular, but also the busiest. If you are wanting to surf, swim and enjoy the summer festival vibe, it's the best time of year to go.
There is, however, alot to be said about the shoulder periods in this region. In winter, the Great Ocean Road becomes a great escape from the summer tourist crush, when you can enjoy cool walks on the beach and incredible whale watching. Spring, as the weather is fining up, is ideal for nature walks and waterfall experiences in the Otway National Park. Truth be told, there is never a bad time to explore the Great Ocean Road.
Whether you’re visiting the Great Ocean Road on a romantic getaway, family adventure or a girl’s weekend away, there truly is something for everyone. From nature walks and learning to surf, to spa days, whale watching, indulging in the local gourmet produce, or simply sitting back and appreciating the stunning drive!
Top 6 Things To Do along the Great Ocean Road
1. Drive the length of the road from start to finish
2. Challenge yourself over 5 days on the impressive GOR Walk
3. Head to the surfing mecca of Bells Beach
4. Visit the popular beachside towns of Torquay, Anglesea, Lorne, Apollo Bay and Port Fairy
5. Go adventure zip-lining or walk the tree tops in the Otways
6. Watch the whales migrate at Lorne, Wye River and Apollo Bay
Best Ways to See the Great Ocean Road
1. Experience 360 degree panoramic views during a skydive
2. By luxury helicopter along the coastline
3. During a horse ride along the beach or country side
4. From the edge of Teddy’s Lookout in Lorne
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
Price Guardian. Don't Book without it.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
- Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz