Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
A playground for the young, old and everyone in between
One of Australia’s top holiday destinations is the sunny seaside location of the Gold Coast. Long stretches of beach, theme parks, glitz, glamour and a vibrant night life sums up this playground for the young, old and anyone in between!
Enjoy the outdoors all year round
The Gold Coast’s subtropical climate means you can enjoy the great outdoors all year round. Summer is the ideal time to experience its glorious beaches and enjoy the spectacle of surfing competitions. While winter is the ideal time to head out for some whale watching and escape Australia’s southern, cooler locations. If partying hard with the youngsters isn’t your thing, we suggest you avoid the Gold Coast during the infamous Schoolies Week from the end of November to the first week in December.
Most of the main attractions of the Gold Coast revolve around water, so don’t forget your swimmers (or do and have a good excuse to buy some brand spanking new ones!). Experience the thrill of Jet Boat Extreme adventure or have a tour of the city starting on land and ending up in the water with Superduck tours. If a slower pace appeals, head out exploring the Gold Coast on a river cruise, have a chance to see the ocean's enormous creatures on a whale watching tour or get up close to the marine life during a snorkelling expedition.
Top 6 Things to Do on the Gold Coast
1. Swim! Between the flags at one of the many picturesque beaches
2. For an adrenaline rush do the rounds of the theme parks including Wet ‘n’ Wild, Dreamworld, Movie World and Sea World
3. Explore the mountains, waterfalls, caves and valleys in the National Parks of the Gold Coast Hinterland. Don't forget the glow worms!
4. Get in touch with the local wildlife at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
5. Hit the shops at Pacific Fair where there is more than 100 fashion and accessory stores
6. Take in a world-class show at the Jupiter’s Casino on Broadbeach Island
Top 5 Beaches on the Gold Coast
1. Main beach
2. Surfers Paradise beach
4. North Burleigh
5. Burleigh Heads
- Gold Coast
- Surfers Paradise
- North Tamborine
- Main Beach
- Mount Tamborine
- Burleigh Heads
- Mermaid Beach
- Biggera Waters
- Sanctuary Point
- Hope Island
- Runaway Bay
- Broadbeach Waters
- South Stradbroke Island
- Mermaid Waters
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1098
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 1403
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
Don't book without it.
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If Price Guardian sees what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 1M+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz