Click here to enter your travel dates and see the latest hotel deals and prices.
A wine lover’s haven
South Australia’s Barossa Valley is one of the best wine-producing regions in Australia. And being within an hour's drive of Adelaide, it's the ideal getaway for wine enthusiasts. Whether you just like a good drop of vino or are keen to extend your knowledge on the art of wine making, there is no better way to explore the Barossa Valley than a tour of the wineries and cellar door tastings. It's not all about wine though, as the region is renowned for its fresh seasonal produce, artisan food producers and a diverse range of award-winning restaurants.
Delight your senses
Of course you can sample the wines in the Barossa Valley all year round, but one of the best times to head to this region is during its Vintage Festival. Held every other year during Easter, it is a massive celebration of wine, food, music, art, culture and tradition. More importantly, you get to sample the best vintage of all the wineries involved!
We're often asked the question, how to best tour this area? There are ample ways to get around the Barossa Valley and indulge in its tasty delights. Peddle around the region on a hire bike or with a cycle tour, don the leathers and jump on a motorbike, or ride in style in a vintage car. See the region from above in the basket of a hot air balloon or from the comfort of a luxury helicopter. Drive yourself around (with a designated driver of course) or, better yet, have a guided tour with a professional wine connoisseur leading the way.
Top 5 Things to Do in the Barossa Valley
1. Gather a few friends and take a tour around the wineries sampling their finest vinos
2. Head to a good old country market such as the Barossa Food Markets in Angaston and pick up some quality fresh local produce that will make any bad cook shine
3. Foodies will find themselves in paradise with a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
4. Indulge in a day of pampering and relaxation at one of the luxurious day spas
5. Walk up to the lookout at Mengler’s Hill to get stunning views of the valley, then wander about the sculpture park
Top 4 Ways to discover the beauty and delights of the Barossa Valley
1. A Butcher, Baker and Winemaker Trail route will allow you to taste delicious fresh breads, smoked meats and of course local wines
2. The Barossa Heritage Trail takes you to see the many historic sites and buildings, including cellar doors
3. A tour on the Barossa Cheese and Wine Trail will have you sampling many delicious handmade cheeses
4. Get amongst it at the Barossa Gourmet Weekend in August celebrating all things wine and food, along with live entertainment
Rated 4 out of 5 by 219
!Please enter check-in date
!Please enter all ages of children
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz