Adelaide Romance Holiday Guide
Romance is hard work at home - bills, work, kids, laundry, a freezer that needs a good defrost and a lawn that needs a good mow. Cue Adelaide backdrop—the banks of the River Torrens, lush green gardens, timeless mountains, lolling rivers, tantalising wine, exquisite dining and evening waterfront strolls. You can take a hint right?
Day 1: A day to unwind and appreciate the hedonistic things in life:
- Enjoy breakfast in bed before the real room service arrives - a Coolibah intensive moisturising facial and massage where a specialist comes to your hotel to give a foot soak and scrub using organic Australian skincare products.
- Pick out some picnic fare at the Adelaide Central Market. From more than 550 speciality stores choose the right gourmet cheese and exotic fruit to go with a lovely bottle of South Australia’s finest.
- Toast to a decadent weekend with a chocolate martini at the Cocolat Dessert Café in the CBD. Snuggle up at your intimate table for two and hand feed each other mouth watering cakes, if you’re willing to share.
- Before you even enter Kathmandu Restaurant, you’ll smell the aroma of Himalayan cooking wafting along the bay at Glenelg. The warm, cosy feel of his place compliments a stunning selection of food and royal treatment service.
Day 2: Head out of town for some Steining, wining and dining. So many choices, so little time:
- Quench your thirst for wonderful German beers at Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. The old German settlement is also a hub for tasty treats from bakeries and smallgoods stores, plus plenty of galleries to waddle through between snacks.
- Be a grape snob for a day on a Barossa Daimler Wine Tour for 2 where you’ll be driven around in a 1962 classic from cellar door to door learning about the region and more importantly, sampling tongue trembling wines and fare.
- Haha for a moment there you thought we’d forgotten didn’t you? Knock on the Penfolds Magill Estate Cellar Door for a tasting of wines from the people who brought the world Grange Hermitage.
- Live out an epicurean fantasy matching wines with fine food at the Magill Estate Restaurant, just 15 mins from the CBD. Order the seasonal menu of degustation or go a la carte.
Day 3: If someone forgot to pack the camera, things are going to get ugly today:
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the fresh air and fragrance of pine trees, magnolias and roses at Mt Lofty Botanic Garden where shaded nooks and crannies make for romantic sanctuary on summer days.
- Float along the River Torrens on a Venetian gondola cruise, while you sip on wine, gaze into each others’ eyes and try desperately not to snicker at the drivers fashion sense.
- Take a scenic flight over the Barossa Valley to watch couples staggering around amongst the grape vines, then along the Murray River over Swan Reach and Mannum.
- It’s your last night. Time to paint the town merlot at The Jade Monkey, a bar with live music, designer cocktails, and a range of wines and bottled beers to enjoy in the garden.
Recommended Adelaide Romantic Hotels:
- On Adelaide’s colder days in winter, you’ll love the a romantic fireplace at the boutique Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Currie with its homely décor and wide spa tubs in rooms for sipping bubbly in bubbles.
- The Quality Hotel Tiffins On The Park is perfect for those night when you don’t feel like heading out for dinner. The on-site 176 Bar and Grill serves up gourmet feasts, a wide range of local and imported beers and a boutique wine list.
- Play 19th century lovers at the 1850s built country-style Grand Mercure Mt Lofty House. From the manicured gardens and well appointed rooms you enjoy views over the Piccadilly Valley.
See the list below for more Adelaide Romantic Hotels.
Situated in cosmopolitan North Adelaide, the unique Fire Station Inn offers boutique-style accommodation set within a historic fire station. One of the suites boasts a fire truck in it's bedroom. Each...more
When you stay at Links Lady Bay Resort in Normanville, you'll be by the sea and convenient to Lady Bay Vineyard and Banksia Park. This 4-star hotel is convenient to Yankalilla Memorial Park.Rooms Make...more
With a stay at Mount Lofty House in Crafers (Adelaide Hills), you'll be minutes from Mount Lofty Botanic Garden. This 4.5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Belair National Park and Warrawong Sanctu...more
Located on the beach front in Glenelg, the award-winning Oaks Plaza Pier offers stylish modern apartments, some with ocean views. Facilities include a swimming pool and a fitness centre. Guests receiv...more
Located directly opposite Skycity Casino, Stamford Plaza Adelaide boasts a heated rooftop swimming pool and 3 restaurants. All accommodation offers views of the city or Adelaide’s historic Parklands....more
The Chancellor on Currie offers an on-site swimming pool, European bistro, hot tub, fitness centre, laundry facilities and a 24-hour reception. Conveniently located in the heart of Adelaide CBD (Centr...more
This 4.5 star boutique hotel is housed in a luxurious mansion, close to Adelaide Cricket Oval and many restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs. Free parking and free shuttle bus are available. The historic...more
When you stay at St Francis Winery in Old Reynella, you'll be minutes from Hardy Wine Company. This romantic hotel is within the vicinity of Flinders University and Westfield Marion Shopping Centre.Ro...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz