Adelaide Family Holiday Guide
Romance is hard work at home - bills, work, kids, laundry, a freezer that needs a good defrost and a lawn that needs a good mow. Cue Adelaide backdrop—the banks of the River Torrens, lush green gardens, timeless mountains, lolling rivers, tantalising wine, exquisite dining and evening waterfront strolls. You can take a hint right?
Day 1: A day to unwind and appreciate the hedonistic things in life:
- Enjoy breakfast in bed before the real room service arrives - a Coolibah intensive moisturising facial and massage where a specialist comes to your hotel to give a foot soak and scrub using organic Australian skincare products.
- Pick out some picnic fare at the Adelaide Central Market. From more than 550 speciality stores choose the right gourmet cheese and exotic fruit to go with a lovely bottle of South Australia’s finest.
- Toast to a decadent weekend with a chocolate martini at the Cocolat Dessert Café in the CBD. Snuggle up at your intimate table for two and hand feed each other mouth watering cakes, if you’re willing to share.
- Before you even enter Kathmandu Restaurant, you’ll smell the aroma of Himalayan cooking wafting along the bay at Glenelg. The warm, cosy feel of his place compliments a stunning selection of food and royal treatment service.
Day 2: Head out of town for some Steining, wining and dining. So many choices, so little time:
- Quench your thirst for wonderful German beers at Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. The old German settlement is also a hub for tasty treats from bakeries and smallgoods stores, plus plenty of galleries to waddle through between snacks.
- Be a grape snob for a day on a Barossa Daimler Wine Tour for 2 where you’ll be driven around in a 1962 classic from cellar door to door learning about the region and more importantly, sampling tongue trembling wines and fare.
- Haha for a moment there you thought we’d forgotten didn’t you? Knock on the Penfolds Magill Estate Cellar Door for a tasting of wines from the people who brought the world Grange Hermitage.
- Live out an epicurean fantasy matching wines with fine food at the Magill Estate Restaurant, just 15 mins from the CBD. Order the seasonal menu of degustation or go a la carte.
Day 3: If someone forgot to pack the camera, things are going to get ugly today:
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the fresh air and fragrance of pine trees, magnolias and roses at Mt Lofty Botanic Garden where shaded nooks and crannies make for romantic sanctuary on summer days.
- Float along the River Torrens on a Venetian gondola cruise, while you sip on wine, gaze into each others’ eyes and try desperately not to snicker at the drivers fashion sense.
- Take a scenic flight over the Barossa Valley to watch couples staggering around amongst the grape vines, then along the Murray River over Swan Reach and Mannum.
- It’s your last night. Time to paint the town merlot at The Jade Monkey, a bar with live music, designer cocktails, and a range of wines and bottled beers to enjoy in the garden.
Recommended Adelaide Romantic Hotels:
- On Adelaide’s colder days in winter, you’ll love the a romantic fireplace at the boutique Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Currie with its homely décor and wide spa tubs in rooms for sipping bubbly in bubbles.
- The Quality Hotel Tiffins On The Park is perfect for those night when you don’t feel like heading out for dinner. The on-site 176 Bar and Grill serves up gourmet feasts, a wide range of local and imported beers and a boutique wine list.
- Play 19th century lovers at the 1850s built country-style Grand Mercure Mt Lofty House. From the manicured gardens and well appointed rooms you enjoy views over the Piccadilly Valley.
See the list below for more Adelaide Romantic Hotels.
Located on the beachfront in Glenelg and offering picturesque ocean views, the award-winning Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites offers beautifully appointed accommodation in Adelaide's historic beach side...more
Oaks Adelaide Embassy Suites is perfectly located on North Terrace in the heart of Adelaide, opposite the Adelaide Convention Centre. It features a sauna. Guests enjoy 30 minutes of free internet acce...more
Situated in cosmopolitan North Adelaide, the unique Fire Station Inn offers boutique-style accommodation set within a historic fire station. One of the suites boasts a fire truck in it's bedroom. Each...more
Mantra on Frome offers open-plan studios and a range of apartments, within walking distance from Adelaide’s CBD and Rundle Mall. Theatres, entertainment and restaurants are on your doorstop.All accomm...more
Haven Marina Glenelg is a boutique-style property in Glenelg, overlooking the Holdfast Shores Marina. Facilities include outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi and free parking. Please note that pets can be...more
Just 300 metres from Glenelg Beach, Oaks Glenelg Liberty Suites features a heated indoor swimming pool. All apartments are air-conditioned and have views of the Colley Reserve and the Adelaide Hills....more
Sage Hotel Adelaide is a 4.5-star hotel overlooking the picturesque South Parklands. Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, on-site restaurant and meeting rooms. Guests enjoy free WiFi.The views...more
Set in the heart of Adelaide city overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide boasts a heated outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness centre and a tennis court with a jogging track. Guests enjoy spa...more
Located in the heart of Adelaide, iStay Precinct Adelaide offers self-contained apartments with a private balcony and city views. It features an indoor swimming pool, spa pool and sauna.All air-condit...more
Franklin Central Apartments is a 4-star property ideally located in the heart of Adelaide city centre. It offers modern apartments with kitchen facilities and flat-screen TV.All self-contained apartme...more
Located in the heart of Adelaide city centre, Quest Adelaide Central (formerly Quest on King William) has the city's business precincts, shopping and entertainment areas on the doorstep.Quest Adelaide...more
The award-winning Miller Apartments are superbly located just metres from Adelaide's renowned Rundle Mall. They offer stylish, fully self-contained accommodation and friendly service. Guests enjoy unl...more
Featuring an outdoor swimming pool with a spa pool, Glenelg Motel is just a 5-minute walk from Glenelg Beach. Continental or cooked breakfasts is available. Guests enjoy 800 MB of free Wi-Fi per day.T...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz