Adelaide Adventure Holiday Guide
So you think Adelaide’s just a city of churches? Then you’re not looking hard enough. There are more ways to scratch an itchy wild side than the Pope’s dished out Hail Mary’s.
Day 1: Give terra firma the flick:
- Paddle your way around the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary on a three-hour guided tour mixing it with the delightful Port River dolphins and view the wrecks of the Ship’s Graveyard.
- Dive off Kangaroo Island, a diver’s paradise with over 50 shipwrecks in the soft coral ‘hood of the rare Leafy Seadragon.
- The Fleurieu Peninsula (45 mins from Adelaide) surfing hotspot offers a range of challenging reef breaks and novice swells suitable for first time grommets and legends alike. You can even get some tips at the local surf schools.
- Tuck into a Friday night feast overlooking Henley Beach from Zootz Kitchen Bar, where DJs play some cool tunes while you gorge on pizza, burgers, fish n chips or classic surf ‘n turf.
Day 2: Rage against the machines:
- Take a V8 ute for high speed laps with a professional race instructor clutching on for dear life in the passenger seat giving you tips for the race against other teams.
- Put on an air show with a Warbird Aerobatic Adventure flight. Your pilot explains manoeuvres such as the Wing Over, Loop, Barrel roll and more before you experience all the stomach tumbling glory first hand at up to 4G!
- Rev up at Kart Mania—a 320-metre indoor track where you can test your mettle against the clock and other drivers using genuine race karts and protective gear. Wind down with relaxing post-race game of laser skirmish, also on the premises.
- After all the toxins you’ve inhaled today, you’ll enjoy the health conscious alternatives at Good Life Modern Organic Pizza in Glenelg— but will you be game enough to try the roasted duck with spring onion ginger jam?
Day 3: Rome the hills, valleys and fairways:
- You’ll. Get. Firm. Butts and we cannot lie...at the Eagle Mountain Bike Park in the Adelaide Hills after 21km of cross country trails, a specialist downhill track and air-grabbing jumps.
- Take a leisurely 25km stroll from Clare to Auburn. Before you groan, we should mention that the tracks wind through one of the prettiest and best wine regions of Australia. So like all good athletes, you should have no trouble remembering to keep your ‘fluids’ up.
- Relax, don’t get teed off. Have a private half hour golf lesson from a PGA professional at the O’Halloran Hill course. As part of the deal you get discounts, freebies and your golf swing recorded and compared online to over 50 golfing professionals.
Recommended Adelaide Adventure Hotels:
- Go for morning run along the sands of Glenelg Beach staying at the resort-style Stamford Grand Hotel Adelaide, sip high tea at the Promenade Restaurant and something stronger at the DJ inhabited onsite bar.
- At the hip Clarion Hotel Soho lounge around in your room watching free DVDs on the 42-inch LCD screen, scrub up in the Italian Marble bathroom then head to the rooftop deck for a ‘Sohotini’ from the bar, before a late night dip in the heated jet pool.
- If you’re a nocturnal beast looking to devour the nightlife of Hindley Street, the Rockford Adelaide hotel makes a great lair. You can even grab a snack from the 24-hour room service and revive those dancin’ feet the next day with a relaxing dip in the rooftop spa.
See the list below for more Adelaide Adventure Hotels.
Located right on Glenelg Beach, Stamford Grand a fully equipped fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool and a gaming room with poker machines. All guests rooms have been newly refurbished, with the n...more
Adelaide Rockford is a 4-star hotel located in the bustling West End arts precinct, offering contemporary comfort and a personalised service. The hotel offers stylish, boutique-style accommodation and...more
The Soho Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection boasts a rooftop deck where guests can relax with cocktails by the heated pool overlooking Adelaide's city skyline. Each guest room features original artworks.S...more
!Please enter check-in date
We would love to hear your hotel suggestions or new list ideas
Price Guardian. Only at Hotel.com.au - Don't Book without it
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 2M+ hotels, resorts, apartments, holiday homes + more
- Compare, book & save $
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ Don't book without it.
- 100% Australian owned
Daily deals for inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz