Sydney Hotel Accommodation
653 George Street Haymarket AU 2000
Flash sale: save 20%
Experience the fabulous Sydney
Glorious weather, picturesque beaches, vibrant nightlife and fashionable people, it’s no wonder Sydney receives over 10 million international and domestic visitors every year. This cosmopolitan city is home to two of the most iconic architectural structures in the world - the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. The city is surrounded by breathtaking views of the harbour, features expansive parks and gardens and an unforgettable skyline. Sydney has a little something for everyone from adventure holidays to stylish getaways.
Sun, music and good vibes… Summer is the best time to visit Sydney
If you want to experience the true Sydney vibe, the best time of year is during the Australian summer. From December to February, Sydney is bustling with cultural activities and sporting events. The warm weather (average of 26°C – 30+°C) means the beaches are bustling and generally where you'll find all the locals.
Summer in Sydney offers a plethora of eating options, and if you want your accommodation to be a stroll from sweet treats like Laduree or Adriano Zumbo Patisserie then you should stay in the CBD, where there are other highly rated spots like Jamie's Italian, Cafe Sydney or the famed Tetsuya's. Similarly, if you're after things for the kids to do, stay in the city because you can take a ferry to most places and that's half the fun! Jump on the ferry to Taronga Zoo, Luna Park or Manly Beach and Oceanworld Manly, or even duck around the corner to Darling Harbour for the freshest seafood at the Fish Markets.
Celebrate Boxing Day with a glass of champagne in hand to watch the start of the incredible Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. Cricket fans will revel in the Sydney Test match which kicks off in the first few days of January. The city comes alive with the Sydney Fringe Festival, a month-long celebration of the arts, and the spectacular Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
That's just the tip of the Iceberg! In fact, why not stay in Bondi and do the Bronte to Bondi beach walk at dawn, and finish off with breakfast at the renowned Icebergs? Wherever you choose to stay in Sydney, you'll trip over a great place to eat, a fantastic nightspot to party, or a beautiful sunset to gaze at.
While Sydney’s inner city is jammed packed with things to do and sights to see, if you're wanting to get in touch with your inner nature lover, then outer Sydney has alot to offer. Just a short drive south of the City, you can be at the world’s second-oldest national park, the Royal National Park. Or take a daytrip to the awe inspiring Blue Mountains where you can enjoy bush walks and meet the Three Sister rock formations.
Top 5 Things to Do in Sydney
1. Enjoy impressive views from the top of the world’s largest steel arch bridge, the Sydney Harbour Bridge
2. Laze on the golden sands of Bondi Beach enjoying both the natural scenery and the ‘local fauna’. While you’re there take the magnificent coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee beach (be aware it’s 6km each way)
3. Get your shopping fix with a visit to Oxford Street and pick up a piece of Australian fashion from one of the many boutique outlets
4. Cruise the expansive harbour on a private boat for those with an unlimited holiday budget, or the more economical Manly ferry (the longest public ferry route)
5. Take in a show at one of Sydney’s three theatres; from the Lion King to the Opera, there's bound to be a production that appeals
3 Events that give Sydney its uber cool vibe
1. Get comfortable with the 1.5 million crowd down on the harbour’s foreshore and watch the world famous New Year’s Eve fireworks display
2. Experience colour, graphics, moving images and music as Sydney transforms during the annual Vivid Sydney Festival in May-June
3. Foodies will love soaking up the best of Sydney’s culinary scene, showcased throughout October during Good Food month
Where to Stay in Sydney
With so many things to do in Sydney you're likely to find fun right at your hotel doorstep, wherever you stay. So, where should you book your accommodation? Are you a foodie that wants to visit Urban Spoon's top ten Sydney restaurants? If so, stay central. Are you sports mad and have tickets to the Sydney Open Tennis at Homebush Bay? Or is the summer of cricket beckoning and you need to stay near the SCG?
Are beaches more your scene? If so, search the eastern suburbs hotels. For shoppers, find a room in the CBD for: Oxford Street, Pitt Street Mall, and the Queen Victoria Building. Plan where you'd like to stay to make the most of this wonderful city.
Common Customer Hotel Queries
Sydney Hotels with Balcony Rooms for fresh air or, conversely, for smokers
Sydney Hotels with Two Bedroom Apartments - great for families or 2 couples
Hotels near Sydney Airport for a quick stopover
Hotels near the Sydney Opera House if you've come to Sydney for a show
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1892
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 3817
Rated 4 out of 5 by 3034
Rated 4 out of 5 by 597
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 384
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 304
Rated 2.5 out of 5 by 121
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1192
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 4768
Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 3779
* Book now and pay later rooms are subject to availabilty.
Photos of Sydney Hotels
Find the best looking hotel in Sydney