Getaway just a short distance away
Within an hour's drive south of Melbourne lies the beautiful and relaxing Mornington Peninsula. Explore the coastal villages, Mediterranean style vineyards, country roads with seaviews and bushland National Parks. The Mornington Peninsula is a melting pot of culture, luxury and picturesque scenery.
Never a dull moment on the Mornington Peninsula
Escape to the Mornington Peninsula any time of year and you will find plenty to keep you occupied. If you don’t want to be standing in a queue for your icecream, sitting in traffic on the way to a vineyard or sharing the beach with hundreds of other people, then steer clear of the summer school holidays. The ideal time of year to enjoy this region is between February – April, while the weather is still warm and the kids are back at school!
It’s not all about relaxation and downtime on the Mornington Peninsula. There are plenty of festivals and events to get your party shoes on. Dress up and enjoy some bubbles at the Portsea Polo or Mornington Cup races. Enjoy some tunes at the Coolart Jazz Festival and Point Nepean Music Festival. Or peruse the portraits at the Archibald Prize Exhibition.
Top 6 Things To Do on the Mornington Peninsula
1. Tour the many wineries on offer including Port Phillip Estate, Foxey’s Hang Out and Red Hill Estate. Finish with a picnic lunch at Montalto Vineyard
2. Relax at the Peninsula Hot Springs and indulge in a massage
3. Head up to summit at Arthur's Seat to take in the impressive views
4. Enjoy brunch at the quaint Somers General Store
5. Kick back on one of the many picturesque beaches
6. Rub shoulders with the upmarket crowd at popular Portsea pub
Markets that make the Mornington Peninsula unique
1. The large and diverse Red Hill Market held on the first Saturday of every month between September – May
2. The quirky Emu Plains Market
3. The monthly Mornington Racecourse Market every second Sunday of the month
4. The scenic Sorrento Foreshore Market held on the fourth Saturday of the month
Rated 4 out of 5 by 33
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz