Margaret River Wine Region
Wine, surf and seriously good food
While renowned for its beautiful wines and seriously good gourmet food, Margaret River doesn't just appeal to traveller’s tastebuds. It's also an ideal destination for surfing enthusiasts, nature lovers and those just wanting to kick back on a picturesque beach and enjoy the superb weather. And to top it off, the friendly atmosphere and locals who don’t take things too seriously makes Margaret River a perfect fuss-free getaway.
Sweet toothed visitors will be in heaven with a trip to the Chocolate Company, known for their high quality and extensive range of beautiful chocolates. From truffles and flavoured bites to sauces and chocolate beauty products, you'll be salivating in no time. Better yet, there are free tastings daily! If it’s a hearty meal you're after, head to the Settlers Tavern which was named in the West Australian Good Food Guide’s Top 5 Pub Food list. There is always a bustling atmosphere and the food is guaranteed to satisfy any hungry customer. Satisfying those tastebuds is a must-do in this region.
Good weather in Spring
Autumn is the perfect time to visit Margaret River for those who like a good wine, as the vines are full with plump grapes and the weather is perfect for cellar door hopping. Pro surfers or those who just enjoy watching the surfers in action should aim to visit the region in early April for the international Drug Aware Margaret River Pro surfing event. If it's just good weather you're after, then book your break in Spring and avoid the crowds during school holidays.
Top 5 Things to Do around Margaret River Wine Region
1. Kick-start your morning catching worldclass waves at Margaret River’s Surfers Point, or just chill out on the beach and enjoy the view
2. Work up an appetite with a coastal hike such as the Cape to Cape Track
3. There are over 150 cellar doors to tour and sample the latest vintage
4. Get lost wandering the 1.5km winding maze at the A’mazen Margaret River
5. Explore the pristine natural wonder of the Lake Caves
Top 4 Events that Celebrate All Things Margaret River
1. November’s three day Margaret River Gourmet Escape festival celebrating food, wine and music
2. Margaret River Wine Festival runs for five days in April
3. The world renowned Drug Aware Margaret River Pro surfing event in March
4. The regular Saturday Margaret River Farmers Markets
Rated 0 out of 5 by
When is the best time to book? You can relax with
Our service doesn't stop once you have booked. Hotel prices fluctuate, so after you book we keep checking prices every day. If we see what you've booked at a better price we will let you know how to re-book, get the better price and save money! We save customers money every day on their hotel bookings.
Book with Hotel.com.au
- Free cancellation on most rooms
- Huge range of over 850,000+ hotels, resorts, apartments + more
- One site to compare, book & save
- No booking fees
- Best price guarantee
- Price guardian™ If the price drops after you book we let you know!
- 100% Australian owned
Daily inspiration to take a break!
- The Sebel Hawkesbury was excellent. Great friendly staff and excellent rooms. 11/10 Highly recommend this Hotel A Denman
- .... reservation process was fast and smooth. Grand Hyatt hotel has met our expectations. Our flight was very late and they allowed us to have late check out at 4 pm without extra charges. Definitely we will book again with Hotel.com.au D Purnamasari
- Booking our hotel was a fast and painless process with Hotel.com.au. A tick for your company. C Lee
- The resevation service was simple to use and efficient. L Britz